Query for Bill Leiber: Choice Air Support Phone

nordski

Hi Bill,

On another thread, a poster described a difficulty contacting Choice Air Support from Europe because the office in Miami was closed.

On the Choice Air website, it states "Our support service is available 24x7".

Further down the site it provides a number (800-533-7803) in Miami, a number which is open Mon. to Fri. 8:00 a.m. To 2:00 a.m. and Sat. to Sun. 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

That's close but not quite 24 hours.

Is there another number that I am missing that provides the identified service?

Thanks

Hi Bill,

On another thread, a poster described a difficulty contacting Choice Air Support from Europe because the office in Miami was closed.

On the Choice Air website, it states "Our support service is available 24x7".

Further down the site it provides a number (800-533-7803) in Miami, a number which is open Mon. to Fri. 8:00 a.m. To 2:00 a.m. and Sat. to Sun. 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

That's close but not quite 24 hours.

Is there another number that I am missing that provides the identified service?

Thanks

Hello Nordski -

I will check with the ChoiceAir director for the most up to date contact information phone numbers and then share the results on this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Nordski -

I will check with the ChoiceAir director for the most up to date contact information phone numbers and then share the results on this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for your attention to this. Likely I'm just missing where it is posted.

Thanks for your attention to this. Likely I'm just missing where it is posted.

Hello Nordski -

I've learned the reason for the difficulty in finding the emergency number for the ChoiceAir desk which is indeed staffed "24 x 7" for emergencies. Interestingly, that number is printed on the ChoiceAir guest documents only and is not on the website in order to ensure that it is being reserved for guest use while in transit.

We do not put the number on the website because we do not want general sales inquiries coming in on the hotline for travel disruptions enroute to the vessel.

Please let me know if you've already made your ChoiceAir travel arrangements and did not receive that information. I'll ensure that you receive the telephone number.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Nordski -

I've learned the reason for the difficulty in finding the emergency number for the ChoiceAir desk which is indeed staffed "24 x 7" for emergencies. Interestingly, that number is printed on the ChoiceAir guest documents only and is not on the website in order to ensure that it is being reserved for guest use while in transit.

We do not put the number on the website because we do not want general sales inquiries coming in on the hotline for travel disruptions enroute to the vessel.

Please let me know if you've already made your ChoiceAir travel arrangements and did not receive that information. I'll ensure that you receive the telephone number.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks so much Bill for looking into this.

You, of course, are correct. On the pages detailing our contract with Choice Air there is a 24/7 phone number. I should have read that contract more carefully, and can fully appreciate the reluctance to post this number on the web site with the consequent potential for misuse.

A small question. Would it be possible to indicate the location of this number in the section of the website that describes that service? Perhaps there are good reasons for not doing so, and perhaps I also should be much more diligent in reading the terms of agreement.

Thanks once again, and now I just have to figure out how to change the number in my cell phone :). That's the price of my lack of attention to detail.

Thanks so much Bill for looking into this.

You, of course, are correct. On the pages detailing our contract with Choice Air there is a 24/7 phone number. I should have read that contract more carefully, and can fully appreciate the reluctance to post this number on the web site with the consequent potential for misuse.

A small question. Would it be possible to indicate the location of this number in the section of the website that describes that service? Perhaps there are good reasons for not doing so, and perhaps I also should be much more diligent in reading the terms of agreement.

Thanks once again, and now I just have to figure out how to change the number in my cell phone :). That's the price of my lack of attention to detail.

Hello Nordski -

You certainly shouldn't be questioning your level of attention to detail. It's seems to me to be at an already high-level!

I'm afraid I'm unable to answer your question about indicating the location of the telephone numbers on the website or on your documents. I can let you know, however, that there are two telephone numbers provided:

1. Domestic 800 telephone number

2. International telephone number with a "305" Area Code.

Please let me know if this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Thanks for your concern. Yes, your reply and the information provided have been most helpful. I have now entered those contacts in my cell phone.

On a somewhat related point, as you know there are some posters who are highly critical of Azamara shoreside policies and service and, at times, I have been amongst them.

However, as well as giving Larry P. and his staff credit for the exceptional experience onboard the Quest and Journey, I also think we have to acknowledge their wisdom in supporting your presence here as their spokesperson and our ombudsman.

Surely, no one could criticize the knowledge and effort you put into those roles, and Azamara in Miami deserves praise for enlisting your efforts on our behalf.

Thus, although many of us are concerned about the rising costs in sailing Azamara, my response has to assess whether or not this is money well spent. In terms of your role, as reflected in this thread, it must be a positive assessment.

Hello Nordski -

Thank you very much for positive appraisal of the role that I've been playing in serving as an "objective ombudsman" to the Cruise Critic members. For me, it’s the only way to ensure an ongoing, freely flowing two-way communication process. When controversial issues arise about our policies, procedures and business decisions, I make a conscious effort to remain objective or “neutral” about both points of view because this dialogue serves as our “Research &Development” (R&D) department do that we can evaluate and reformulate our business around the input.

Larry sees my role as managing our reputation in cyberspace. It was his idea to create the CBO position. He's very intuitive when it comes to understanding an upmarket consumer’s mindset and had the foresight to recognize the internet’s important role in their decision making process as they do their due-diligence. They’re searching the web to reduce their perceived risk when making a vacation decision. They don’t want to make a mistake. He understood that incorrect information on the internet does not disappear.

This dynamic was foremost in his mind, since the Azamara brand has been evolving at an accelerated rate and its product deliverables have dramatically changed. First in 2007 as “Azamara Cruises,” a subsidiary of Celebrity Cruises and then in 2009 it began its transformation into “Azamara Club Cruises,” a free-standing entity of Royal Caribbean Cruises led by Larry Pimentel. Finally in April 2010 it introduced more inclusive onboard amenities, a commitment to exceptional service and more immersive itineraries along with a tariff increase. And in 2013, an even "more inclusive" experience. Each product iteration leaves a historically inaccurate residue on the message boards of past reviews and opinions creating “false starting points” when deciding whether or not to vacation with Azamara.

I consider myself to be a “company reporter” not only to provide factual information to Azamara Club Cruises followers but also to focus on your negative feedback and to forward those issues to executive management. I’m the executive’s “news aggregator” and their eyes and ears. I participate in their executive management meetings and serve as the “missing link” between the two constituents.

I appreciate your time and effort for making those kind observations.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 3 months later...

my experience with choice air is horrible. I made the mistake of booking choice air for my upcoming cruise and I am very sorry I did. They booked me a United Flight operated by Copa Air at a cost of $160.00 more than the flight is with Copa Air. The price match offer that they are offering right now is something they do not stand behind. So of course they would not price match the flight. Actually they told me "the bottom line is they will not price match my flight." Now I find out from United that Choice Air booked it wrong and they should have booked directly with Copa Air. So I called Choice Air talked to a supervisor named Jeffrey and he said he would not change my booking to Copa Air unless I paid a penalty. Even though it was Choice Air mistake they still want me to pay more. When Choice Air first booked my flight through United Choice Air did not provide me with the proper booking number nor did they provide me with a seat number (even though on RCCL site it says that choice air provides you with a seat number). In order to get my proper information I had to call United they gave me my Copa Air booking number then I had to call Copa to book my seats. After all this frustration of me calling to get my right booking number and booking my own seat, I called choice air and told them according to the RCCL website they were supposed to do all this for me. Choice Air in turns asks me to read it from the website where it says thats what they are supposed to do. If you book with Choice air plan on paying much more than the 15 to 25 dollar fee they automatically charge. Plan on paying an inflated airfare amount and plan on doing all the work yourself to get yourself a seat assignment. Plan on dealing with very rude people that offer no customer service but yet will be very combative with you when you tell them what RCCL says what they are supposed to do for you. Just plan on headaches and aggravation when booking through choice air.

__________________:mad:

my experience with choice air is horrible. I made the mistake of booking choice air for my upcoming cruise and I am very sorry I did. They booked me a United Flight operated by Copa Air at a cost of $160.00 more than the flight is with Copa Air. The price match offer that they are offering right now is something they do not stand behind. So of course they would not price match the flight. Actually they told me "the bottom line is they will not price match my flight." Now I find out from United that Choice Air booked it wrong and they should have booked directly with Copa Air. So I called Choice Air talked to a supervisor named Jeffrey and he said he would not change my booking to Copa Air unless I paid a penalty. Even though it was Choice Air mistake they still want me to pay more. When Choice Air first booked my flight through United Choice Air did not provide me with the proper booking number nor did they provide me with a seat number (even though on RCCL site it says that choice air provides you with a seat number). In order to get my proper information I had to call United they gave me my Copa Air booking number then I had to call Copa to book my seats. After all this frustration of me calling to get my right booking number and booking my own seat, I called choice air and told them according to the RCCL website they were supposed to do all this for me. Choice Air in turns asks me to read it from the website where it says thats what they are supposed to do. If you book with Choice air plan on paying much more than the 15 to 25 dollar fee they automatically charge. Plan on paying an inflated airfare amount and plan on doing all the work yourself to get yourself a seat assignment. Plan on dealing with very rude people that offer no customer service but yet will be very combative with you when you tell them what RCCL says what they are supposed to do for you. Just plan on headaches and aggravation when booking through choice air.

__________________:mad:

Hello Jackie -

I was sorry to read about your troubling experience with ChoiceAir which as you may know, is a separate department within Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. The system uses RCCL technology and the types of reservations systems used by travel agencies in the US and Canada.

I will be passing on your complaint to Troy Martin, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd’s Director of Air/Sea & Travel Services for his review of your impressions about how you were serviced by the staff. You might also wish to speak with a supervisor at the Choice Air department about your specific situation or you can email at "choiceair@rccl.com" or 800-533-7803, from 8AM to 8PM (EDT), 7 days a week. You can also visit http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/booking/air-transfers/choiceair for complete details about the multi-faceted ChoiceAir program.

Also, from your countdown clocks it seems that you'll be vacationing on RCCL and I suggest that you also contact RCCL's customer service department with your comments. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide customer service support and hope that my suggestions for other contact sources bring you satisfaction.

For a balanced picture, I have received many positive endorsements about the program and I'm sorry that your situation was less than satisfactory.

I wish you wonderful vacation experiences on your forthcoming line-up of Royal Caribbean cruises in 2013 and thank you for your loyalty to the Royal Caribbean Ltd.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Jackie -

I was sorry to read about your troubling experience with ChoiceAir which as you may know, is a separate department within Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. The system uses RCCL technology and the types of reservations systems used by travel agencies in the US and Canada.

I will be passing on your complaint to Troy Martin, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd’s Director of Air/Sea & Travel Services for his review of your impressions about how you were serviced by the staff. You might also wish to speak with a supervisor at the Choice Air department about your specific situation or you can email at "choiceair@rccl.com" or 800-533-7803, from 8AM to 8PM (EDT), 7 days a week. You can also visit http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/booking/air-transfers/choiceair for complete details about the multi-faceted ChoiceAir program.

Also, from your countdown clocks it seems that you'll be vacationing on RCCL and I suggest that you also contact RCCL's customer service department with your comments. Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide customer service support and hope that my suggestions for other contact sources bring you satisfaction.

For a balanced picture, I have received many positive endorsements about the program and I'm sorry that your situation was less than satisfactory.

I wish you wonderful vacation experiences on your forthcoming line-up of Royal Caribbean cruises in 2013 and thank you for your loyalty to the Royal Caribbean Ltd.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you for passing my experience on. I have talked to supervisors at Choice Air only to be told no they can't do anything. So I appreciate you passing my experience on because if Choice Air treats me like that, they may treat a first time RCCL cruiser like that and in turn RCCL could lose passengers. So once again thank you for passing my information along. :)

Hello Jackie -

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you once again. I would just like Choice Air to do it right and ticket me with Copa Air since I am flying Copa Air and the United Air supervisor said I should have been ticketed with Copa to start with. :)

Thank you once again. I would just like Choice Air to do it right and ticket me with Copa Air since I am flying Copa Air and the United Air supervisor said I should have been ticketed with Copa to start with. :)

Hello Jackie -

I received feedback from Troy Martin about your RCCL booking and the content of the details in which your described your situation. Also, I learned that as a travel agent you have already engaged in several conversations with ChoiceAir staff about this misunderstanding.

I suggest that you continue with that approach because in my role on Cruise Critic I am not a customer service substitute for any of the three RCL Ltd brands. I do hope that your are able to resolve your situation with the ChoiceAir staff or with the RCCL sales department.

For the sake of good order, please address this issue off-line from the Azamara Cruise Critic Forum. To serve as Azamara's Chief Blogging Officer I have made a commitment to Cruise Critic management to engage in issues that benefit the general education of the Cruise Critic Community.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived