Getting concerned, brilliance

Kaboochi

Forgot to say if I can work out the logistics of getting back to the US from Lisbon next April I will go on her when she sails across the atlantic. Right now airfare is twice as much as the cruise and I'm just not going to spend that much money to fly when I could take the money for airfare plus the money for the cruise and sail in a suite out of Bayonne..

And that is what you need to keep remnding yourself. A dent, here, peeling paint there, let the small stuff slide. Clean reeom, good service should be all you need.

I have concerns about sewage smell. There have been many reviews with this and that is a real problem!!

The other small stuff can take a back seat to Barbados, St. Kitts, Tortola,........etc!!:D

You are right, thanks everyone for the positive posts. I have never been on a bad cruise and your comments make me feel better about this one:)

Just to put things into some perspective...we were on the old Norway before Norwegian was bought by Star. I do not think there was an older ship than the Norway at that time! A classic cruise liner! So many of the rooms, woodwork and art work were something from the past that you would not see today. Also, some of the plumbing was something you would not see today. Cardboard boxes were cut up to absorb the water that was on the hallway carpets from broken plumbing fixtures. Our friends had a toilet in their staterooom that barely worked...(they did get a nice OBC for the inconvenience.)

The food was edible but not up to cruise standards due to what had to be a very low budget. It was a Big Band cruise and the cruise Director was barely seen. Possibly because most passengers wanted to toss him overboard!

In spite of all of that, we had a great cruise!

I assure you that the Brilliance is nowhere near the condition of the Norway at that time. If the carpet is a little thread bare...so what? Relax and go ahead and enjoy your cruise!

I board in just a few hours.

I would rather be on board, than left at the dock!! I have never met a cruise

ship that I did not love. Sure some may be better than others...but so are we! ;) :D

Relax and let the captain and crew take care of everything! :D

Archived