Ship Time compared to local time.

Tedw

Is the ship time for Carnival's Easter Caribbean cruises US eastern (Miami) time or does it move an hour forward to local time?

I'm trying to figure out if we would be able to make a locally booked excursion or not.

Thanks

I have been on several eastern Caribbean cruises, including one on Carnival, and none have adjusted the ship's time to local time. The ship's time has always stayed the same as the home port time.

That said, you should mention the name of the ship so that others that have been on the same itinerary can respond to your question.

WAY back in the day, the ship would change the clocks to correspond to the local time zone, but for the most part this is no longer the case.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, "ship time" remains the native time zone of the homeport.

On my eastern cruise last June, ship time remained on Eastern time and I never had to adjust times i couldn't tell you if any of the islands we visited were on Eastern Time or not; never checked. The private excursion I used in St Tom asked our ship info to plan when they would pick me up.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Don't know if they still do it - but before when you were getting off the ship they had a big paper clock telling you what time it was and you just checked watches as you got off to make sure it was the same. Do not under any circumstances depend on cell phones as they change automatically and may not be right

we are doing a eastern too in a few weeks on Dream and I'm also really confused about the time difference. Like on my itinerary it says we dock in St Thomas at 11am so whose 11am is that? Do we dock at 11 ship time (Florida time) which would be 12 St Thomas time? Or is that 11 St Thomas time which would be 10 ship time?

we are doing a eastern too in a few weeks on Dream and I'm also really confused about the time difference. Like on my itinerary it says we dock in St Thomas at 11am so whose 11am is that? Do we dock at 11 ship time (Florida time) which would be 12 St Thomas time? Or is that 11 St Thomas time which would be 10 ship time?

The times provided by the cruise lines are always ship time. However, you should note that on some itineraries the ship time does change as the ship moves to a new time zone.

We are on Freedom 8 day eastern starting on Dec 15.

So Carnival site says we dock at 8am. I checked and that is 9am local time.

The vendor says we need to be at their pick up point at 8:40 local time. I pointed out that our itinerary show that we won't be able to get off until 9am local time so that would be a problem.

The email I got back said when they look at the port document that they are provided it shows 8:00 local and those are dependable. That would be 7am ship time (eastern time)

Now a couple of months ago Carnival did list ship time docking at 7 am but then changed it to 8am.

Anyway, I'll email them again before we leave to remind them what ship we are on and to check the time.

We are on Freedom 8 day eastern starting on Dec 15.

So Carnival site says we dock at 8am. I checked and that is 9am local time.

The vendor says we need to be at their pick up point at 8:40 local time. I pointed out that our itinerary show that we won't be able to get off until 9am local time so that would be a problem.

The email I got back said when they look at the port document that they are provided it shows 8:00 local and those are dependable. That would be 7am ship time (eastern time)

Now a couple of months ago Carnival did list ship time docking at 7 am but then changed it to 8am.

Anyway, I'll email them again before we leave to remind them what ship we are on and to check the time.

We're on your cruise, and we are having the same issue with our Adventure Antigua shore excursion. We checked last week, and the port was still showing 8 am local (Antiguan) time. Please post if you hear anything different!

Is the ship time for Carnival's Easter Caribbean cruises US eastern (Miami) time or does it move an hour forward to local time?

I'm trying to figure out if we would be able to make a locally booked excursion or not.

Thanks

We had the ship's time being changed, and back again, a few years ago, and that was our only experience.

If you booked a "non ship" excursion, I would think the operators would consider your ship's docking time. (Providing you gave them your ship's name and itinerary, of course.) ;)

we dock at 8am.

that is 9am local time.

we need to be at their pick up point at 8:40 local time.

we won't be able to get off until 9am local time .

the port document that they are provided it shows 8:00 local

That would be 7am ship time (eastern time)

Carnival did list ship time docking at 7 am

but then changed it to 8am.

Oh what fun.:eek:

We got to deal with "spring forward" on our cruise...so the time changed while onboard...so we had to keep track of which ports we visited BEFORE springing forward and after to time our excursions.

Makes my head spin!!!!

Peg

We're on your cruise, and we are having the same issue with our Adventure Antigua shore excursion. We checked last week, and the port was still showing 8 am local (Antiguan) time. Please post if you hear anything different!

I intend to email them once more the day before we leave. Which tour are you on? My wife, myself and adult son and daughter are taking the Xtreme tour.

Archived