MOS aft 7392 or 1394

I have aft questions. I have never stayed in one (our 1st cruise was a middle side balcony). I have 7392 on hold. Is there lots of empty space between the balcony and the ocean? From the photos, it looks like lots of unused deck space, which seems to limit your view of the wake and the water. 1394 and 1694 are available. Should I switch? I just posted a threat about deck 10 and motion sickness. Any help would be great!

If you are going aft get as high as you can. 1394/1694 would be way better than 7392. Yes there is a lot of unused deck space, actually a crew rest area at the back. You would not look down to the wake, it would be quite a ways out. Also the cage would block a lot of the view of the sky and rear. Go for the higher unobstructed view, it is spectacular. We just had 1688 on Explorer, the view was awesome. We went back to 7692 the view was very disappointing compared to deck 10.

We had 7392 on the Voyager last August. Mariner does not have as many poles to obstruct your view as the Voyager. However, we really felt vibration (not ocean movement) but mechanical vibration in our cabin. We would put our heads down on the pillows at night, and it felt like one of those "Magic Fingers" machines in cheap moterls from the 50's and 60's. It was not pleasant. We had trouble falling asleep the first and last nights. It appears there is some sort of motor on deck 5 (or lower) that is causing this vibration. We didn't mind motion (as the whole ship was "moving" around Hurricane Frances). It was whatever motor or engine was below us.

We only noticed this in the middle of the ship, not the sides. I guess that's why the corner aft cabins are coveted; they don't have the vibration.

We had several visitors to our cabin (aft Jr. Suite) and they all remarked about the vibration.

On the last afternoon of the cruise, our balcony was covered with soot as we went out and brought out our guests. We had to go inside.

From now on, we are booking cabins on the side and never the middle aft.

Perhaps the cabins on deck 10 won't have the same amount of vibration since they are further away from the source.

Archived