What do you think of carnival legend?

thefog

We have cruised the Legend twice, last being 12/04, and loved it each time. No decline in service or housekeeping. Food continued to be excellent and loved the Fleece Supper Club and dined there twice:D .

We are currently looking to book a third time for Feb 07!

Just got back from the Legend on Sunday.

Overall we had a nice time.

I thought the food in the main dining room for dinner was way below par.

They serve the food with plastic covers on them.

The menu looks good on paper, but not good in the mouth.

We were with a group of 10 and all of us had the same opinon. Def not white glove service. I once got my dessert after the rest were already done.

Ate out in Puerto Rico, and twice in the Golden Fleece ( well worth the cover charge)

Entertainment was not entertaining. The best night , was the talent show and thats when the guest put on the show. And the crew did a song and dance.

Otherwise, the comeidians were not very funny, the magician not very good

and we did not bother to go the other times.

Now if you like bingo thats a waste of time also.

Every day was one game of bingo and there were 2 times with games of 7 and 10. IT was either bare minimum or too many games, right when you want to be at the pool. I would have played 15 games, instead of watching the shows everynight.

Very little entertainment by the pool. THey should do the horseracing by the pool and maybe something else than fear factor and survivor.or at leaat in addition to.

The room was nice and clean, def worth it to get a balcony.

THe only great thing was the weather. The first night a little rocky then the next days were pretty smooth. Def get a cabin midship as my friends were all the was forwards and felt a lot of motion.

San Juan was a waste of time. St thomas nice and tortola, you can go to the beach, but the ride to it will scare you half to death.

IN any case, I will no longer cruise with Carnival Again, as were the same sentiments of my group. WIll stick to Royal Caribbean or better for future sailings. My parents were actually about to book the carnival , but now i told them no to, they will go on the Voyager. Its $1000 more a person but well worth it.

We just got off the Legend on Sunday, too. We had a terrific time. We were a group of seven. Ages were varied and we all found plenty to do.

The food was wonderful, the two Vegas style shows were terrific.

I heard the comedian was not funny, but I did not go to the show, my in laws did and did not enjoy it.

The weather in San Juan was awful, but not much we could do about that. We went on the Bacardi tour and enjoyed it very much.

The services was as always, way above par. The wait staff and the cabin stewards were absolutely wonderful.

The ship was in great shape, clean, etc.

Also as a side note, on Tuesday May 24, Carnival Legend became a rescue vessel as the Coast Guard got a distress call from a man who was sailing alone on a sailboat from Florida to Portugal. He became ill and asked for assistance. Legend was the closet vessel and at the Gala Welcome aboard party the Captian announced that the ship was changing course and heading over to rescue this fellow. At approximately 10PM we pulled up along side the sailboat, Carnival dispatched a tender with medical staff aboard and went over in pretty rocky seas and plicked this fellow out of his boat and brought him on board. He stayed with us until we got to San Juan and we were updated the next day that the man was resting comfortably and was very grateful to us for interrupting our vacation to rescue him!

We enjoyed the Legend so much that we will be planning one of their Bermuda cruises in 2007!! Talk about planning ahead!

Have a great time!;)

We did the 8 day from NY in July of 2003 and that is the reason we are going on the Pirde this August. Loved the ship. Food was way better than I expected and service was very good but a little rushed at the late seating. Cabin was great but, then again, we had a wrap-around.

Our other cruise experiences included 3 on Celebrity which were great but the kids program was mediocre even in the summer (have since outgrown this). Food very good but Guest Relations were horrible. Their summer itineraries do not suit us and they have gotten very pricey. Did not like NCL at all but we were on the Norway. Went on AOS from San Juan and were very disappointed with entertainment and food. Had to go to Portofinos to get a decent meal so RCCL won't be seeing me soon. Paid alot of money but didn't get my money's worth. Went on Disney Magic and had a great time. Food and entertainment were very good. Cabins and ship in general were beautiful. They have gotten VERY expensive especially for the Mexican Riviera.

I would take the Legend again in a heartbeat!

I agree 100% with cruiser777.We were on the same cruise returning yesterday. Cheesiest ship I have ever been on and actually it was not much cheaper than any celebrity cruise I have taken. Of course we had fun- but will definitely not reccomend the Legend to anyone. read my full review written yesterday.

i didn't like it. i have a review on this board about why i didn't like it. not sure what you are into though.

i'm in my late 20's. i went with my fiance and a large group. it wasn't for me. not to say that was the sediment of the rest of my group but for me there were just too many issues. i wouldn't go again.

Going Mar.9 2006 for 2nd time on the Legend (Western Caribbean) but we're hearing mixed reviews of this ship lately. What are your thoughts?
Theres 4 or 5 reviews on the legend in the last couple of pages in this forum.As long as you you take plenty of this:) and some of :D youll be fine.

LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED the Legend. Had the best waitstaff of all of our cruises....and the best bar service. We went in March...and are thinking of going back again next March.

Loved every minute of our cruise. Then again...it's what YOU make of it! Take everyone's opinion with a grain of salt and have FUN on YOUR trip regardless!

:D

From what I am reading more people love it than hate it. We loved every inch of her. I would definitely recommend this ship to anyone. Just ask questions and be prepared. I thought the food in the dining room was good/very good, the food at the Golden Fleece was excellent.

The Spirit class ships (which includes the Legend) are probably the favorites of all the ships in the Carnival fleet. I love the layout of this class of ship. I've sailed on the Legend twice and would also go again (if the wife would let me book it :D ). I just did the exotic western (Belize, Costa Rica & Panama) and we had the best cruise ever. Definitely get a balcony for this cruise.

Archived