Upgrading Day of Sail

derek.phillips

My wife and I have an inside cabin and now have funds to upgrade to a balcony cabin. We booked using the inside guarentee and so now we can't upgrade until the day of the sailing at checkin. Has anyone ever done this? What are prices like?

You can pay for the upgrade right now. Day of sailing at checkin there is zero chance of you paying for an upgrade.

My wife and I have an inside cabin and now have funds to upgrade to a balcony cabin. We booked using the inside guarentee and so now we can't upgrade until the day of the sailing at checkin. Has anyone ever done this? What are prices like?

I don't believe there are any booking agents at the port. I don't see that anything stops you (other than cabin availability) from calling Carnival now and paying to upgrade either to a Balcony Guarantee or to a Balcony that you select - at the current best rate that you're eligible for. ken

Just because you booked an inside guarantee does not mean you can't upgrade - you can. If you booked direct, contact Carnival. If you used an agent, contact your agent.

Unless all the balconies are sold out, you can upgrade. If your agent says you cannot, then don't ever use that agent again.

Do not wait until you board the ship. Most likely all the balcony cabins will be sold out by then.

OP - hope you are successful.

An upgrade is free, you want a self induced upsell.

So... I am remodeling my kitchen. Shall I upsell from linoleum to tile? While I was at Verizon the other day, the salesperson tried to get me to upgrade my old flip phone to one of the newer versions by using the sales technique known as "upselling". Sorry, but this has become a big pet peeve of mine. Upgrade means to raise to a higher grade or standard (or in case of cruise staterooms - categories) period. Upgrades may come free or may come at a price. Regardless - it is a UPGRADE - you know; moving from one level to a higher level.

I realize in the cruising industry, upgrades were often given by the Lines as a measure of good faith (or whatever you want to call it) at no additional cost to their patrons. But to simply state that an upgrade is free, is misuse of the English language.

Okay, I feel better - back to chogs and tipping...

So... I am remodeling my kitchen. Shall I upsell from linoleum to tile? While I was at Verizon the other day, the salesperson tried to get me to upgrade my old flip phone to one of the newer versions by using the sales technique known as "upselling". Sorry, but this has become a big pet peeve of mine. Upgrade means to raise to a higher grade or standard (or in case of cruise staterooms - categories) period. Upgrades may come free or may come at a price. Regardless - it is a UPGRADE - you know; moving from one level to a higher level.

I realize in the cruising industry, upgrades were often given by the Lines as a measure of good faith (or whatever you want to call it) at no additional cost to their patrons. But to simply state that an upgrade is free, is misuse of the English language.

I agree, an upgrade is an upgrade

Sometime it costs to get it, and sometimes it does not.

an Upsell, is just someone from the sales department "selling" an "Upgrade"

Good luck OP, can't wait to hear how it went :D

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!!!!! My God its been bugging me the people that feel the need to correct others for using the term "upgrade" as opposed to "up-sell". Especially since (as you stated) using the term "upgrade" is in fact correct and appropriate.

Like!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived