Ruby Princess 24th October Venice to Rome

Sailaway John

Hi all,

Anyone done the above cruise or one similar to it?

Would like to know if the weather would be alright to cruise at that time of the year.

We are from Australia and we are coming into our summer but would like to visit the Med before Christmas back home.

Really appreciate any help or advice that can be given.

Hi all,

Anyone done the above cruise or one similar to it?

Would like to know if the weather would be alright to cruise at that time of the year.

We are from Australia and we are coming into our summer but would like to visit the Med before Christmas back home.

Really appreciate any help or advice that can be given.

It might be coo to chillyl in Europe at that time of year and quite possibly rainy unless you are very lucky.

But it may not be as crowded as in the summer since many people will be back at work. You are trading one convenience for another.

We are considering the 10/12/13 sailing on the Ruby and are wondering the same things. I don't mind the cool, but would be bummed if it is rainy for much of the time. Possible alternative is Hawaii around the same time, but DW really, really wants to go to Europe...20th anniversary present to ourselves...Hapy wife, Happy life.

We are considering the 10/12/13 sailing on the Ruby and are wondering the same things. I don't mind the cool, but would be bummed if it is rainy for much of the time. Possible alternative is Hawaii around the same time, but DW really, really wants to go to Europe...20th anniversary present to ourselves...Hapy wife, Happy life.

In 2011 we cruised from Athens to FLL; 31 days. Left Athens on November 15th; weather was fine.

I was on the Ruby for 19 days in October of this year, sailing from Venice to Ft Lauderdale, and the temperatures in Europe were better than I expected. 60s to low 70s most days. However, there was rain a few days, anywhere from drizzling to downpour! Apparently that part of the year tends to be rainy. Knowing that in advance, I packed a waterproof hooded windbreaker, and was able to avoid carring an umbrella. There were lots of umbrellas in use, but unfortunately they tended to block visibility at historic sites.

But despite the rain, I had an incredile cruise and LOVED the sightseeing. I am even considering another October cruise in Europe for next year!!

Archived