Glory, Triumph, Or Valor? Can't Decide

CRUISEMAMMA

I sailed on the Triumph 6 months ago and loved the ship!!! Of course getting engaged on the ship definatly has a little weight on my opion. I thought the ship was very easy to get around. If you take the Triumph you have got to check out the piano bar. It is just a good time! We will be sailing the Valor in October and we can't wait!! I have heard good things about all of the ships. I believe the layouts of the Conquest and the Valor are very similar.

I have just returned from the Triumph/W. Carib. (posting review soon...just got my computer back from repair) and we sailed the Glory last year/W. Carib.. Both cruises were duing the second week in May. If I were choosing between the two, it would be the Glory, hands down. The service on the Triumph (cabin and dining room) was horrible. We heard other cruisers saying the same thing. However, I've never cruised the Valor so I can't say about her. I am planning a cruise for next year and will probably choose a newer ship like the Valor or Liberty, or try another line. By the way, the Carnival PVP told me that all the category 8 cabins were the same size on these ships......I can tell you from experience, the cabins on the Triumph are considerably smaller than the same cabins on the Glory. I checked it out while on ship.

Sugar, I don't think that you can generalize that the service on one ship is necessarily better than another. We've sailed the Triumph twice and had impeccable service. We sailed a couple of other Carnival shps and on one occasion had fabulous service, and the next time (on the same ship) had awful service. I think it's just hit or miss. The staff is constantly changing, so I'm sure that has an impact.

Sugar, I don't think that you can generalize that the service on one ship is necessarily better than another. We've sailed the Triumph twice and had impeccable service. We sailed a couple of other Carnival shps and on one occasion had fabulous service, and the next time (on the same ship) had awful service. I think it's just hit or miss. The staff is constantly changing, so I'm sure that has an impact.

Very true. I have had this same experience in the past as well.

I didn't mean to generalize. Maybe I didn't make that clear in my post. I was speaking about my personal experience and opinion regarding our cruise on each of the ships mentioned. I have read positive statements from others regarding the Triumph but I just didn't find that to be so in our case. I will try to get a review posted soon and maybe that will explain things better. I'm sure that each person's experience on any given cruise can be totally different and there seemed to be those in different areas of the (Triumph) ship and dining room who seemed happy with their service. We just weren't in that group of lucky cruisers on the Triumph but we were on the Glory.

We have also sailed on the Triumph twice and we actually sailed the second time because of the wonderful crew. We have never had any crew member that was not teriffic and have had great dining room staff. The first night on the second trip the dining staff was a little stiff but you figure they have to get used to the new passengers and they are working 7 days a week. By the second night they were fun, and very entertaining. I would highly recommend the Triumph to anyone. As far as the rooms, RCCL has a lot smaller rooms. I figured you only sleep and shower in there and there was plenty of room for that. I guess if you want to hang out in your room all day it might seem a little small but how much room do you need to sleep?

I have just returned from the Triumph/W. Carib. (posting review soon...just got my computer back from repair) and we sailed the Glory last year/W. Carib.. Both cruises were duing the second week in May. If I were choosing between the two, it would be the Glory, hands down. The service on the Triumph (cabin and dining room) was horrible. We heard other cruisers saying the same thing. However, I've never cruised the Valor so I can't say about her. I am planning a cruise for next year and will probably choose a newer ship like the Valor or Liberty, or try another line. By the way, the Carnival PVP told me that all the category 8 cabins were the same size on these ships......I can tell you from experience, the cabins on the Triumph are considerably smaller than the same cabins on the Glory. I checked it out while on ship.

I went thru a LOT of research before I chose the Triumph for our upcoming December cruise and before I finally chose my cabin - I was assured that the cabins are indeed 185 sq ft - same as the COnquest. I ended up booking an aft cabin (bigger balcony with the same price as an 8A) and then switched to a corner aft with the wraparound balcony...I cannot wait. We are planning to book the Valor for 2006 and cannot wait for that one either.....

We also just got back and that port was caous..they only had 4 custom officers checking over 3,000 ppl and it was so hot and moldy and mildew smell thru out the builing. Then the set up outside to be picked up was even worse. People were standing with their luggage where the vehicles who were picking up had to park so that wasn't happening. It made people have to move their luggage dwn further and for those who had alot of it wasn't great only way the sherriffs would let folks pick up cars stop was further down from where you came out of luggage hold building. It was just so much easier at Port Canaveral..also the Cruise Director wasn't great wasn't good..hate to say it but he was terrible...seemed to young to be doing that position onboard.

IMHO triumph is a good bang for your buck since it is usually cheaper than the others but.... what they are saying is true Miami port is awful, service is not so great (as a rule) food not as good as the Miracle that is for sure but it is a really fun ship with a happy crew over all.. we had a great dining room team and thought the shows better than the miracle. I didn't see that big of a difference between the cabins except the french vs. sliding doors (which I like the sliding doors better) hope that helps jean

Archived