Looking for info on the Vantage Tolstoy Ship

suzuki2000

I will be taking a Russian River cruise with Vantage.

The ship will be the Tolstoy.

I am wondering if anyone has stayed in an "E" class cabin??

I know they are the lowest cost cabins, and I am wondering why.

I know about the room size.

Would I expect noise, vibrations, or????

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

I will be taking a Russian River cruise with Vantage.

The ship will be the Tolstoy.

I am wondering if anyone has stayed in an "E" class cabin??

I know they are the lowest cost cabins, and I am wondering why.

I know about the room size.

Would I expect noise, vibrations, or????

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

We did Tolstoy in late August and Sept. I've never stayed in lowest cost cabin but since you're in the lowest deck level I would expect it might be noisier with more vibration. I'm no expert, but I've been told the higher up you are the less vibration there is. Good news is there isn't usually much wave action on a river boat, although cruising in Lake Onega can be dicey. It wasn't when we went, but I've heard others say it was pretty rough. If you're not susceptible to motion sickness and don't mind looking out at the water, then by all means take the cheapest cabin, you won't be in it except to sleep and dress and you'll be so bloody tired you won't care as long as the bed is clean and warm and it will be. You are going to LOVE Russia....and if you can the Kiev pre-trip was amazing. Kiev is really beautiful. Any other questions, feel free to contact me at chydro564@yahoo.com.... happy to answer anything about food, hotels, optionals, clothes, etc.

:D

We did Tolstoy in late August and Sept. I've never stayed in lowest cost cabin but since you're in the lowest deck level I would expect it might be noisier with more vibration. I'm no expert, but I've been told the higher up you are the less vibration there is. Good news is there isn't usually much wave action on a river boat, although cruising in Lake Onega can be dicey. It wasn't when we went, but I've heard others say it was pretty rough. If you're not susceptible to motion sickness and don't mind looking out at the water, then by all means take the cheapest cabin, you won't be in it except to sleep and dress and you'll be so bloody tired you won't care as long as the bed is clean and warm and it will be. You are going to LOVE Russia....and if you can the Kiev pre-trip was amazing. Kiev is really beautiful. Any other questions, feel free to contact me at chydro564@yahoo.com.... happy to answer anything about food, hotels, optionals, clothes, etc.

:D

We were on the lowest deck and the only noise that was a problem was the one night they dropped the anchor. Our cabin was right next to the bow of the ship, where the anchor was located.

Kiev is super, and recommend the home hosted dinner.

Russia is special, the history, culture, music and people are fascinating.

I can't comment on the lowest deck but the rooms are small. Not really a problem as you will only be in there to dress and sleep. The staff was friendly and the ship immaculate. Have a wonderful time!! I wish that I could go again ;)

Me too!!:D

Archived