Carnival Breeze not what I expected.....

SmogMonster

Eggs on the lido (Market Place) are horrible. Go for the omelette or head over to the main dinign rooms for eggs. The ones they serve on the buffett are some type of processed (maybe powdered?) eggs. I have seen this on other carnival ships as well so this is not just a problem with the Breeze.

Could not agree MORE!!!! I always look forward to breakfast on lido, but the scrambled eggs were the worst EVER! We finally got a routine where I would take our 3 year old daughter and get her food while my wife waited in the eggs to order line.

I'll also add that I loved the comedy show but the layout of the Punchliner club is odd....there is seating BEHIND the stage. Who on Earth would want to go to a live comedy show and have to watch it on a TV monitor??

Great review so far and agree with most of what you are saying. One other thing that we ran into...the Loyalty/Future Cruise desk. This poor girl was so over worked that she could not handle the load. Since they have done away with the FCC, the only way to get an incentive (OBC) is to book future cruise while onboard. That is fine and dandy, but they need to have more staff and computers to accomodate this. We had to make an appointment to book our next cruise...our appointment was at 11pm on last night and she was only supposed to be open until 9 and there were appointments after ours! They also need to make this a formal sit down type desk and get it away from night club, was VERY loud and hard to hear.

I had a great time on the Breeze 8 day cruise.

The scrambled eggs on the Lido are absolutely the worst ever - powdered most likely and is the one downer of the cruise.

Kudos to the crew in handling the USCG rescue chopper.

Ken Byrne, in the Blush Dining Room - singing a Sinatra tune at dinner was a nice surprise, and the wait staff doing a song after that is fun to watch. A most enjoyable experience.

The Piano Bar was fun, with Ron, very entertaining.

The comedy shows were good, with Happy Cole and John Mulrooney being the best of the 4 guys doing stand up.

The ship's decor is perfect - very pleasing to the eye.

I look forward to cruising the Breeze again.

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for your review so far. More please! We go on her in June and we have family members jonesing for any information about it!! Thank you thank you thank you!

Shawn

When in June are you going? We are going June 22nd.

Also off the same cruise on the Breeze. Carnival, what were you thinking. The ship is absolutely beautiful. It did not have the typical Carnival appearance and decor which was just fine. The ship was made for a comfort level of 3690 passengers, but this trip booked 4200. Needless to say, lines, lines and more lines. THe only line which was acceptable was on self assist departure yesterday which was great since I couldn't wait to get off this ship. Found the food on the lido deck awful. Hope you enjoy gritty powdered egg for breakfast, because if you prefer not to wait for an omlet, this is what you will get. Dinner in the dining rooms are just acceptable. Our first night, it took more than 1 hour to receive our entrees. Our next night, I ordered the lasagna (which was being served as an entree) for my starter. My wife ordered the lasagna as an entree. Didn't really care for the dish since it had quite a bit of spinach in it. My wife elected to change her dinner choice at this point and advised the wait staff of her decision. She was told that she already made her decision and this was not possible. Left the dinner table immediately after being treated so poorly by this man. Finally found a waiter who was with Carnival for over 30 years and made our any time dining experience much improved. Thanks Lawrencio from Costa Rica.He can be located in the rear of the Sapphire Dining Room.

The biggest negative of the whole cruise were the low class individuals on this ship. Carnival sets forth a dress code and fails to enforce. These individuals consider dinner cruise wear as acceptable by wearing over-sized basketball shorts, tee shirts and sneakers.Their manners were just as horrible. Cutting in the buffet lines a daily occurrence. Pushing their way to a theater seats before you are able to stand up without asking to be excused and arriving to show times late. We found a wonderful area to relax on deck 5 with comfy thickly padded lawn furniture next to the hot tubs. Perfect place to take a snooze in the sun after lunch, only to be disturbed by loud voices, cackling laughter and their small kids in the tub. A complete lack of respect for others around them. The serenity area was not much of an improvement either.If Carnival's purpose is to dispose of the middle and upper middle class passenger-congrads-you have succeeded.Back home now thinking what an utter waste of my vacation dollar. Will never set these feet aboard the deck of another Carnival ship ever again. Ok flamers-perhaps you disagree with the above, but its MY strong opinion. Look foward to hearing from you soon.

Sounds like you might want to charter a ship that way the lower class won't be in your way.

Love the review! I like the photos I have seen so far. I'm glad they decided to upgrade and get rid of the disco theme. However, I am not looking forward to waiting in line to get back on the ship... bummer :(

No flames here....(well maybe one little spark because all the food I selected was good and it was absolutely not a waste of my vacation dollar)....

but I have said for years that while I LOVE the Carnival product...the clientele gets on my last nerve.

Because Carnival is so affordable, it does draw the less traveled and far to many times the less mannered.

Lido Design is still a mess. The walkway is far to narrow to handle folks standing in line PLUS room for folks to pass each other...(as is Promenade...but there is Lower Promenade that we used if we needed to get front to back in a hurry)

We did the 2 and the 8 and LOVED our cabin...the OV Deluxe with the 2 bathrooms.

For the first time ever, our Main Dining Room Service was ridiculously slow and we had a private table for 3. But our food arrived hot and delicious.

Loved the new look. The cabin doors ROCK!!

Loved the New Hasbro Game show.

HATE that the Asian band is gone...because the stage band (now the cover band) are not a cover band. Having done this for a living, a cover band is more than just singing and playing an instrument.

And no dedicated karaoke host.....the social hosts did ok...but some had never turned on a system in their lives and were not trained.

HATE the Punchliner Comedy Brunch....

but even with the HATES...it was still a great cruise and well worth the money we spent.

Linda can you be more specific about the Brunch.....I'm not looking forward to it because it starts so late....I know this was one of your issues too....How was the service?.....Did the comedians disrupt the flow of service.

On port days is there a MDR breakfast option? or will I have to endure the Buffet which I almost never frequent.

Linda can you be more specific about the Brunch.....I'm not looking forward to it because it starts so late....I know this was one of your issues too....How was the service?.....Did the comedians disrupt the flow of service.

On port days is there a MDR breakfast option? or will I have to endure the Buffet which I almost never frequent.

Just got off the Breeze and we did the Punchliners Brunch. The food and service was ok but the comedians were only on for about 10 minutes each hour. We were at a table in the front so of course our table got picked on. The comedian was pretty funny but like I said it only lasted for 10 minutes. Hope I answered your questions.

Just got off the Breeze and we did the Punchliners Brunch. The food and service was ok but the comedians were only on for about 10 minutes each hour. We were at a table in the front so of course our table got picked on. The comedian was pretty funny but like I said it only lasted for 10 minutes. Hope I answered your questions.

That's what I was afraid of....I do not want to be pestered by a comedian, so I will ask for a table in the back....

I know I'm in the huge minority here, but I don't even like for Ken to sing. He has a great voice, but unlike the silly but fun dancing waiters, I feel inconspicous going on with my meal and/or leaving the dining room while Ken is performing...and I would hate being heckled or forced to participate in the comedians routine...

What are the breakfast options on port days?

The Brunch is from 9 to 1:30 pm typically on sea days - I went twice - once the service was pretty slow - the second time much better. The comedian was more of an annoyance than anything else - both times we could barely see him - he spoke for a couple of minutes - most of it not too funny. I personally don't think it adds anything to the experience. The only draw would be the new/different menu items if you want to try them out!

Yes there is MDR breakfast on ports days - there is also a 'smaller' buffet/continental breakfast on Deck 5 Ocean Plaza - which is less crowded and you can sit outside on the Lanai and enjoy the view :)

...and if you don't want to be in Ken's dining room you can definitely ask to be switched - I know there were many who wanted to be in the Blush and would gladly trade places.

Some of you have asked about the punchliner comedy brunch. This was one area that I did not really like. I am pretty sure it was only available on sea days. The service was very slow and it felt like the wait staff were unsure of what tables were assigned to them etc. Just alot of confusion. I dont really think they should call it a comedy brunch. There was very little comedy going on. The comedians get up once per hour and do 5-10 minutes at the most. 99% of it was picking on the audience or making fun of them, which i am ok with. But it wasnt really a prepared comedy routine.

Overall this was a great cruise on a great ship. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

I didn't like the Comedy Brunch, either. It was overly pretentious. I wanted breakfast, not French Toast made with Texas Toast dipped in Trix cereal and deep fried. I took two bites and left for the Lido. The whole idea is to get people interested in the Comedy Club so they will go there at night.

I never eat scrambled eggs on Lido. I always to the Omelet Station (where you can get 2 eggs over medium, etc, also) or to the Blue Iguana for a breakfast burrito.

Even though the ship was full on the Inaugural (Venice, Italy) the Lido did not seem too crowded or have a bad flow.

We were on this sailing as well... There certainly is some room for improvement in the Punchliner.. we went in for brunch on the Monday.. we got in with in 10 minutes and were seated right away but.. it took an hour and half to get our food...I'm not kidding...I wondered why they stopped serving breakfast in the Miami dining room to switch it to this form.. The comedians were terrible they did poke at the people in the restaurant but one went way out of line by using the N word when talking about some people.. that is un called for..

We had great service in the Main dining room and on the Lido and yes there was alot of cutting in line and alot of long line ups but there is plenty of food for all and the bacon police where there is full force but where very generous when you ask fora bit more..

This was honestly ( small issues aside) one of the best cruises we have been on..

But I must say this really makes me angry.. when Butch announced that we would be missing La Romana after a medi vac .. that people actually went down to the guest services desk and complained and wanted compensation other then refund of port fess and taxes and refunds of the booked excursions thru CCL...They should be ashamed of themselves IMHO..I pray the fellow that needed the medical attention gets well as can be considered

Sheesh and that the complainers stay well and never need any medical intervention at any time in their lives:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Archived