Has anyone used Glory Tours?

jlk806

We have toured Barbados several times with Sarah and her people. She is very knowledgeable of Barbados. We did a custom tour with her once and she took us to places we never could have found on our own. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Can you tell me where you met Sarah for your tour? DId they meet you at the port, or did you have to go to their locaiton to start the tour?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You are met in landscpaed area of the round about outside of the cruise terminal facility, they can not enter the cruise terminal facility for pick ups but they can drop you off after your tour.

We booked and paid in advance for the Bajan Paradise Tour for cruise passengers ($50). We ended up with a private tour and had a great day. We saw the east coast - cattlewash/Bathsheba area which is very beautiful, stopped at an old wind mill, cherry tree hill for some more gorgeous views, went to a historic anglican church, stopped in the Garrison area, and then went to Carlisle Bay beach for 2 1/2 hours at the Copacabana. This included 2 chairs/umbrella & 2 drinks. The place had bar service, clean restrooms, and a gorgeous view/beach.

Our guide, Quammie, was very friendly and knowledgable and has a lot of pride in Barbados which he loves to share with people. He shared stories about his son and growing up on Barbados. Truly, it felt like such a personal tour. At each stop, he allowed us to wander around on our own but was there to share information and answer any questions we had. He took photos of the two us when we asked as well and will stop anywhere you want him to. I would highly recommend you request him if you decide to tour with Glory Tours. :)

I emailed Glory Tours and got a quick response. So I went online and booked a tour for February. Haven't heard a peep so I emailed couple days ago asking for confirmation. Nothing yet, getting a little nervous.

We received a quick response as well, then made a deposit and we expect a tour pass within 24 to 48 hours. So we will receive our tour passes tonight at the latest (I presume/hope).

But your post made me nervous as well. It made me dug deeper into what people wrote on Glory tours in the past on different websites. Next to very good reviews I also read some very bad ones, where parts of the tour were cancelled, money was not returned etc. And also similar to your issue: very slow communication. Especially when they first respond very quickly , you expect the same when you've paid (a deposit) etc. You want to leave home relaxed, prepared and ready for a great time.

So your post and previous reviews all made me nervous as well, but the only thing we can do is keeping each other informed on this forum and post messages on how things proceed. The negative, but also the positive.

The tours aren't cheap, and I can't even place a price tag on a ruined vacation day. But so is feedback for tour operators, so I'm sure Glory tours might have some communication problems at the moment, but should answer to this worries soon, maybe even on this forum.

We'll keep on posting how everyting proceeds with our booking, and I hope others will do the same!

I submitted for reservation but never got a response for putting a deposit down. Maybe I should try again, or maybe they are totally booked on that day. I don't know because there was no communication. Keep you posted!

In January when I booked for a Feb tour, I received an immediate Purchase Confirmation via email from them once I made the online reservation and paid the deposit. 3 days later I received Tour Pass, also by email.

After three days we still hadn't received our tour passes.

Then I checked my creditcard and not only the deposit was withdrawn (for which I had received an instant confirmation) but also a second, larger, amount was withdrawn. This amount was equal to the total tour price minus the deposit, but didn't include the discount I was supposed to get because of a promotion code.

Since I do not appreciate money being taken of my credit card without any communication I sent an email to Sarah that I wanted to cancel the tour and my money back. I then received a quick reply from Sarah with an apology and that she would cancel the tour and refund the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Beware of using this tour company! You probably wont get your tour pass until you email them a dozen times and finally call them. You will hear excuse after excuse turning the tables on you. I would start calling now! I recently used them and had a terrible experience from booking through tour. Get out if you can!

I have used them twice before and I have never had a problem.. I will be using them again in November but will contact Sarah in the next few weeks. Normally a deposit is taken out when you reserve the tour. I was always kept informed

Archived