Everyone on Cruise Critic Negative or Cause For Concern?

bsharynu

Here's a problem I have with CC, especially the CCL section.....

Review or comment type ONE:

EVERYTHING about said cruise was a disaster. From the moment the taxi dropped them off at the terminal NOTHING good happened. A nightmare. A train wreck. NOW I want a REFUND!

EQUALLY frustrating review/comment type TWO:

Nothing is more frustrating than to read comments from those that find ZERO FAULT in CCLs product. The comments are so sugar coated that anyone with a brain knows it's IMPOSSIBLE. If one finds anything that may need attention it MUST be the passengers fault.

Thank goodness for those that have the presence of mind to present pros/cons equally. Those comments/reviews are really very helpful.

This is some great insight and advice. I am back on this board in preparation for my 2nd cruise, with last years being my very first. Being totally unfamiliar with cruising then, I participated here to learn all I could, and that above is exactly what I ran into.

Some malcontents hate everything, and at the other extreme some will absolutely barbeque you if you so much as even question the "magnificence" of CCL.

Bottom line, like many have said HAVE AN OPEN MIND. The cruise is not perfect by any stretch, but its a lot of fun. Relax...go...enjoy! You will be glad you did!

Well, I would be disappointed if everything was mediocre as in the above comment, but it never is. I think the food is better than RCI, the cabin steward actually knows your name, I'm amazed at seeing crewmembers painting and cleaning all day long, the beds are fantastic.

I had hoped for excellent food because we've always heard that Carnival's food was better than RCI. Sadly, on our sailing, that was not the case. I will be on RCI in April and will be better able to compare. It may be an industry-wide decline. We found far more options on RCI and the food was hot. I was disappointed with the food on one of the RCI voyages, but the rest were superior to what we got on this sailing. That said, we certainly didn't go hungry! I only gained 3lbs though, instead of my usual 7-10. Hopefully it was a fluke...anyone (cruiseline's included) can have a bad week.

Cabin Steward has known my name on EVERY cruise I've ever taken.

Likewise with the cleaning and painting...I've seen that on every cruise.

I agree the beds were comfy, but ours felt/sounded like the springs were going to pop if you sat on the edge. LOVED the pillows!

I'm not trashing our experience by any means. It's just impossible not to compare...and everyone has preferences.

We just got off the Legend Sunday.

The cruise and CD, James Dunn was good. The staff was friendly, liked our room steward, Villareal.

We did not eat in the main dining room. The buffett was typical. The food was OK, kinda bland for my taste and just luke warm. The deli was great and the Lido grill was good.

We only went to one show and it was good but I have seen it before (5th cruise in last year). We spent a lot of time on our balcony.

I really have no major complaints. There were a few issues but pretty minor. Things like out of juice, lemonade, and ice a few times so that we had to go searching for it.

We think the value is incredible. A week on a ship taking us from island to island with food, entertainment, and a aft facing balcony cabin for $600....how can that be beat?

You will have a great time, just dont sweat the small stuff :D

I had hoped for excellent food because we've always heard that Carnival's food was better than RCI. Sadly, on our sailing, that was not the case. I will be on RCI in April and will be better able to compare. It may be an industry-wide decline. We found far more options on RCI and the food was hot. I was disappointed with the food on one of the RCI voyages, but the rest were superior to what we got on this sailing. That said, we certainly didn't go hungry! I only gained 3lbs though, instead of my usual 7-10. Hopefully it was a fluke...anyone (cruiseline's included) can have a bad week.

Cabin Steward has known my name on EVERY cruise I've ever taken.

Likewise with the cleaning and painting...I've seen that on every cruise.

I agree the beds were comfy, but ours felt/sounded like the springs were going to pop if you sat on the edge. LOVED the pillows!

I'm not trashing our experience by any means. It's just impossible not to compare...and everyone has preferences.

Enjoyed your comments..my guess is you really are a "sweet angel" and that is why steward remembers your name...Sarah:o:)

[quote name='sjn911']Enjoyed your comments..my guess is you really are a "sweet angel" and that is why steward remembers your name...Sarah:o:)[/QUOTE]

Lmao...thanks. But don't let the name fool ya! Seriously though, I do try to make the best of any situation, if I can.

[quote name='PDXJAS']It is true in all forums that people will post negative comments before they will post good reviews. I enjoy reading the bad reviews, they seem to nit pick everything. I get a good laugh. You will have a wonderful time. I too have been on the Monarch and was much more impressed with my Carnival cruise. Bigger room. Much better food. Go have fun![/quote]

Oh so true, some people are NEVER happy, in fact I think they enjoy being miserable!!

You just can't make some people happy no matter what. I don't think you should worry. I have never been on the ship you are on but I notice that many of the negative comments are about minor stuff. Internet access and kids in the pool...food that doesn't knock your sox off.

Every cruise I have been on has had a few minor annoyances. I usually just grab a drink and move on to the next positive experience. It's a cruise and a vacation! Why sweat the small stuff!

I've sailed on the Legend several times. It's a beautiful ship with a great itinerary to Western Caribbean. As with any trip, hiccups can occur and you just need to have a positive outlook and go with the flow. Stuff happens. Be sure to read all your cruise documents so you're aware of issues that could come up!

I will continue to sail Legend. Hopefully, it'll get the 2.0 upgrades one of these days! Go and have a creat cruise. It'll be terrific. :)

[quote name='Thebosn1']You just can't make some people happy no matter what. I don't think you should worry. I have never been on the ship you are on but I notice that many of the negative comments are about minor stuff. Internet access and kids in the pool...food that doesn't knock your sox off.

Every cruise I have been on [B]has had a few minor annoyances[/B]. I usually just grab a drink and move on to the next positive experience. It's a cruise and a vacation! Why sweat the small stuff![/quote]

That was the case for us too but this last time we left the kids home:cool:.

[quote name='8esther8']Well, I would be disappointed if everything was mediocre as in the above comment, but it never is...(snip!) Plus I get to go to four different countries and sit on my own balcony and watch the ocean. How can that be bad?

The thing that I wouldn't do again is go on a cheaper, 3-4 day Bahamas cruise again. That does feel like Walmart. :o[/quote]

And that's just it. That 3 - 4 day Bahamas cruise to someone else might be an incredible trip, just what they were looking for. And for yet another person, 7 days on the Legend might be as low brow as it gets. It just depends on your experience and expectations.

Frankly, my forthcoming cruise would not have been my choice. I don't bargain shop for vacations and value isn't a big emphasis for me. But the schedule and cost worked for others in my extended family. I'd rather pay four times more for a small, much more private experience with truly high-end food and more interesting ports of call. But that's not what this is, I don't expect it to be and won't review the experience against those expectations.

For reviews, I throw out the cheerleaders and the true negative nellies. Try to find people who seem interested in the same things I am and see what they have to say. Then take everything with a big grain of salt. It is a formula that works pretty well.

Archived