Tivoli Christmas Market

dorsetlad

We are on the Oceana Christmas cruise, and our cruise booklet shows an excursion to the Tivoli Christmas market in Copenhagen. However, we will be in Copenhagen on Boxing Day. Has anybody ever been to the Tivoli after Christmas and seen this market. I must admit it seems rather unlikely.:confused:

Brian

We are on the Oceana Christmas cruise, and our cruise booklet shows an excursion to the Tivoli Christmas market in Copenhagen. However, we will be in Copenhagen on Boxing Day. Has anybody ever been to the Tivoli after Christmas and seen this market. I must admit it seems rather unlikely.:confused:

Brian

If it is open it is well worth going. It is at its best after dark, when it is softly lit be hundreds of chinese lanterns and looks quite magical. You do not need to book a trip, it is right in the centre of the city and can be reached by public transport or by taxi from the cruise terminal.

Brian

Went there on the 19th December 2009 and it was absolutely fantastic. An experience not to be missed.

This year it is open from 16 Nov to 30 Dec inc. It is only closed 24th & 25th December, so it is quite possible P&O are operating an excursion on the 26th.

It is quite easy to get to under your own steam, entry costs 95DKK each, but whichever way you do it, have a great time:)

When I went on a Christmas markets cruise P&O did run a trip to Tivoli but it was in the afternoon, returning in time for dinner. This meant that those going would only see it in daylight. I wanted to see it in the evening, all lit up like a fairyland, so I went in the early evening under my own steam. I got something to eat on the ship before I went but you could dine in Tivoli - there are several restaurants - or elsewhere in Copenhagen.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if you can re-enter the same day? We were thinking of maybe going earlier in the day to take daylight photo's and then again late afternoon / early evening for the pretty lights and atmosphere

Archived