Best Family Ocean View Stateroom on Freedom of the Seas

Need help choosing the best family ocean view stateroom on the Freedom of the Seas. Looks like the cabins on deck 8 in the bow of the ship have a different layout. Anyone have favorites or pictures? Many thanks. :)

I have pix...hmmm....click on the serenade link below...and then...look.for freedom....my pix are on photobucket but i have not put the link here yet...oops. when i sailed in november i saw several of them....

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

We had deck 6 (#6200) it was awsome so much space.

Since you are all the way forward you have to cross the ship all the time and being just 1 floor up from the promenade made it easy to get acrossed the ship.

I know its the same length but walking down the promenade feels shorter.

We had 7500 on Freedom and it was great! Lots of room, and loved having two windows looking out over the bow. We felt like the captain looking out from the bridge:D. DD14 loved her bunkbed room We wouldn't hesitate to book this room again. It was very quiet, with little hallway traffic.

• 1 year later...

The FOV rooms are available on decks 6 & 7 for upcoming Freedom cruise. Is there an advantage to picking one over another on these decks? Are they about the same size? View any better being up one deck higher on deck 7? thanks!

Edited by IndyCapt

8200 and 8500are the best. 4 windows each. 8500 sofa faces the window and also has 2 movable chairs which which we moved to the window for room service breakfast. Check out the deck plans for 8. You'll see they are laid out in the opposite direction to the other decks.

• 7 months later...

For those of you who did book the family stateroom, did you look into the option of booking 2 staterooms? If you did, how were the prices. I am looking for a friend who at the time of cruising will have herself and her 4 kids. An 18 year old daughter, 14 year old daughter, 12 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. If she got the 2 rooms her 2 oldest could get one room and her and the 2 youngest would have 1 room. It would have the advantage of 2 bathrooms as previously pointed out but the family stateroom would enable them to all be together. I think that the kicker is the price. Is it cheaper for 1 family stateroom (interior or exterior or promenade) or is it cheaper for 2 interiors. We are looking at the Liberty in fall 2016 so I can't price it yet.

For those of you who did book the family stateroom, did you look into the option of booking 2 staterooms? If you did, how were the prices. I am looking for a friend who at the time of cruising will have herself and her 4 kids. An 18 year old daughter, 14 year old daughter, 12 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. If she got the 2 rooms her 2 oldest could get one room and her and the 2 youngest would have 1 room. It would have the advantage of 2 bathrooms as previously pointed out but the family stateroom would enable them to all be together. I think that the kicker is the price. Is it cheaper for 1 family stateroom (interior or exterior or promenade) or is it cheaper for 2 interiors. We are looking at the Liberty in fall 2016 so I can't price it yet.

We had 8500 on the Explorer in 2012 for the five of us. At the time, my sons were 13 (but 6 ft tall), 11 and 7.The two younger ones decided to share one of the bunks, and the oldest boy slept on the top bunk.

We are doing a promenade FOV on Liberty next summer. Both for 2012 and next year, it was much cheaper for us to book the FOV than to book two similar cabins. I don't remember the specifics, but we were talking about hundreds of dollars. It just didn't make that second bathroom worth it.

We had 7500 on Freedom and it was great! Lots of room, and loved having two windows looking out over the bow. We felt like the captain looking out from the bridge:D. DD14 loved her bunkbed room We wouldn't hesitate to book this room again. It was very quiet, with little hallway traffic.

I'm so glad you said that! I have that same cabin and was worried it would be more cramped. I was really hoping to get one on the 8th deck cause I like that layout better and they seem more spacious, but no luck. I'm glad to know we'll still be happy with this one!