NASA Question

Gailerina

So my friends and I will be going to NASA on our cruise in January. I went and emailed my representative and I have free tickets now :)

What is the best way to get there? I don't think there is a bus that goes that direction, so I think a cab only? There is only 3 of is going.

So my friends and I will be going to NASA on our cruise in January. I went and emailed my representative and I have free tickets now :)

What is the best way to get there? I don't think there is a bus that goes that direction, so I think a cab only? There is only 3 of is going.

You emailed your Congressional representative? Care to elaborate. I'm also on the Pride in January and have a 4 year old that would love to see NASA.

We went two years ago on our own. We hailed a cab at the port. He took us over (R/T was 30ish bucks) and gave us a number to call and come pick us up.

The best is to fly to Orlando and rent a car. NASA is about 60 mins East of Orlando in Titusville. With a car you see other sites as well in the area as well. It's about 3 hrs north of Fort Lauderdale by car.

Lucky you. I tried that for our Nov. cruise and even with the upcoming election they said the freebees to NASA were already given out. Not sure if you are embarking Orlando or just porting at Cape Kennedy. We ported there and agree your only option is a taxi if that's your itinery.

The best is to fly to Orlando and rent a car. NASA is about 60 mins East of Orlando in Titusville. With a car you see other sites as well in the area as well. It's about 3 hrs north of Fort Lauderdale by car.

No need to fly. Port Canaveral is a port of call for the Pride, so she's docking for the day.

The Kennedy Space Center is only 10 miles from the port. You can easily get a taxi to the space center but getting one back may take some time if you don't work something out with the cab that drops you off.

You can also try: http://www.spaceporttransport.com/

Last I knew they charged $90 flat rate round trip from the port to Kennedy Space Center. That would include all 3 of you. You could probably find something cheaper, but I'd give them a call and check.

I used VIP Limo

Mike, the owner, was easy to deal with and was promptly at the pier..actually he was early and called us on the cell..

nice clean mini van to NASA and a prearranged pickup time....something like $60 roundtrip for my family of 5. plus tip of course.

NASA is not far from the port.

You emailed your Congressional representative? Care to elaborate. I'm also on the Pride in January and have a 4 year old that would love to see NASA.

We went two years ago on our own. We hailed a cab at the port. He took us over (R/T was 30ish bucks) and gave us a number to call and come pick us up.

What I did was find the rep for my area and emailed them and asked them about the NASA tickets. I included the date and my contact info. An intern or something called me and got some additional info and said he would be in contact. I received a confirmation a few months ago and then today the actual email with all the info such as reservation number. As soon as I get on my laptop ill include the message.

Also yes I'm on the Pride and we are docking there :)

Sent from the awesome Gailerina using my iPhone!

Lucky you. I tried that for our Nov. cruise and even with the upcoming election they said the freebees to NASA were already given out. Not sure if you are embarking Orlando or just porting at Cape Kennedy. We ported there and agree your only option is a taxi if that's your itinery.

I think I emailed during the summer? I will need to check. Also I'm in MD and the intern even said they dont get a lot if these request :)

Sent from the awesome Gailerina using my iPhone!

The admission tickets include a bus tour of the space center, including the Saturn V building. BUT if you are interested in the early history of the space program, like Mercury, you should take the Then and Now tour. REALLY worthwhile but it costs extra and you need to book in advance.

The admission tickets include a bus tour of the space center, including the Saturn V building. BUT if you are interested in the early history of the space program, like Mercury, you should take the Then and Now tour. REALLY worthwhile but it costs extra and you need to book in advance.

I may have to check into that.

Also I went and checked, I emailed the rep back at the end of August :)

Thanks for the info, Gallerina. My Mom was able to confirm it was $30 each way for a taxi, not roundtrip.

We're going to contact FI's rep in Oklahoma and mine in MD and see if we can still get tickets. We're just interested in going to the rocket garden and letting the kids play in the Robot Scouts area.

Archived