Lamania..Book through cruisline or private?

sam73

We did the tour on our recent cruise, with Island Marketing. It was a great excursion. Boy, climbing those steps is something else! Going up the river is really neat. Made it back in time to the ship.They have plans set to make sure you won't miss it. You will love it!

Tangocherie,

Thank you for your reply. What cruise line were you traveling with? I will be there on the Carnival Liberty. I have heard that Lamania is a must see but I don't know if it will work for us due to the time.

We also were on the Carnival Liberty. It's a great excursion. Do climb the steps of the monument. The vue is great! Hearing and seeing the Howler monkeys is a wonderfull experience. You won't regret this excursion, well worth the money. Have fun.

We also were on the Carnival Liberty. It's a great excursion. Do climb the steps of the monument. The vue is great! Hearing and seeing the Howler monkeys is a wonderfull experience. You won't regret this excursion, well worth the money. Have fun.

Thank you! I will definitely look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Lamani a few years ago with Belize Cruise Excursions and enjoyed it. However we were about 10 minutes late getting back for 2 reasons: some people were late getting to the meeting place and a couple from our ship delayed the rest of us by deciding to go to the bathroom about 15 minutes after our guides suggested that anyone who need to use the facilities.

I was very concerned about being late; however, I did not panic because I knew that the last tender never leaves on time due to the long line. And we were not at the last in line.

In addition, it appears that the guides know to call the port authority because, even after everyone on line got on, the tender did not leave. When I asked the Carnival security officer why, he said the the Belize authorities would not let them leave until the private tours who had called them retuned. Finally about 45 minutes later 7 more people boarded and we left.

Archived