Taxi/private tour to Shete Boca National Park

mpcaruth

We will be in Curacao next month from 1:00 to 11:00 (Ship time - Carnival Freedom). I would like to see Shete Boca National Park and make a stop to a beach for some snorkeling before sunset. Is this possible? If so, is it possible to hire a private taxi at the dock area? How much would it cost for a private taxi for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children)?

Which is the best beach for kids snorkeling on the way back from Shete Boca?

• 2 weeks later...

We did this with a car rental a couple of years ago. Car rental was very easy. Avis is convenient to the piers. Shete Boca is quite a ways out, but a pleasant drive once you leave the city.

From there we continued around the western end of the island and spent a few hours at Kipp beach - lovely! (I may have spelled the name of the beach wrong)

We would like to do the same thing as far as seeing the park; maybe do some snorkeling too. We will be in at 1 pm also on Caribbean Princess.

Questions:

• Assume we need to reserve a car ahead of time? I have read Avis is on the island. Is there any other way to see the park? Is car rental the best/easiest? I contacted local tour operators and all the trips are in the morning only.
  • I have read on the boards about cars getting broken into when parked at the local sites (the boca parking lots I think). Any hints for safety?
  • Good beach to snorkel on that drive?
  • Is the Avis right there on/near the pier? US license okay? Do we need to bring our US proof of insurance card with us to rent a car?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Archived