Questions about Majesty of the Seas

Anyone just returned from cruising in Majesty of the Seas? We will be sailing on February 15, 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. This will be our first time on Majesty, 5th cruise with RCI for DH and I. We are 1 point shy of Platinum. Will be traveling with 2 other couples.

My questions are:

Were you able to bring 2 bottles of wine with you, as stated in the new policy, or is there a limitation because it is a short cruise?

How was the food in the dining room, the Windjammer. Did you do My time dining or regular dining.

Do you have a copy of the Compass to post or e-mail?

Thank you.

I'm probably not much help, because I sailed on her back in Sept., before the new wine policy & new menu was rolled out!

We had regular early seating in MDR. The food was just o.k. Some things were really good (garlic soup, Caprese salad, scallops), others were TERRIBLE (chicken Marsala, shrimp ravioli). But, again, this was before new menu!

Dinner did take a LONG time! One night we missed one of the shows we wanted to see because dinner ran SOOO late!

Windjammer food was pretty good, nothing gourmet, but tasty & satisfying. I never had anything that was terrible there. There was a decent variety to choose from, typical buffet fare. We almost always found ample seating. One breakfast service we had to share a table w/ strangers, but that was o.k.!:)

We stopped at Coco Cay (FANTASTIC day!!!!!), and Nassau. On Nassau we hired one of the local taxi/tour drivers & negotiated a price much lower than ship excursion. It was JUST our group in a mini van instead of a big group on a minibus. He took us EVERYWHERE we wanted to go, stopped to order us authentic conch fritters, went in a local store for us & bought us beers, gave us lots of 'local' insight, kept us laughing the whole time, and made sure we were back in plenty of time so we didn't have to worry about missing the ship!

All in all we had a GREAT time!

Enjoy!

We will be sailing on Majesty next week. This will be our 4th straight cruise on her. We always have a great time. The food in Windjammer is always very good. The dining in the MDR (The Moonlight) is very good as well. The only complaint is service can take a long time. It is a small ship, but just right for us, I don't know if I'd like a large ship. The shows are good, with comedy, music trivia, movies, ect ect. CoCo Cay is great, with a live band and plenty of food. A nice play area for those with kids. Nassau is fun for those that like a little shopping. While docked in Nassau, you can either take a small boat or local taxi to Paradise island. Plenty of shopping and sight seeing there. On the 4 day cruise, you hit Key West. I usually walk to all the sights, but you can ride the trolly or rent a bike if you like. Lots of sight seeing there, shopping of course, plenty of places to eat and NICE drinks. The staff is always nice and professional. Never any major problems. Overall, a very nice cruise and a great vacation value.

We just sailed the 3 night on Majesty a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time. We had 2 bottles of wine in our carry on. We went right through security without a problem. We took our own cork screw and grabbed a couple wine glasses from one of the lounges. We purchased wine in the dining room during dinner but did take the bottles we brought to the shows. We did the late seating and the food and service were terrific. The late seating was at 9pm and we were done by 11pm each night. We prefer the late seating but I thought 9pm was a little too late. We did not eat in the Windjammer. We ate breakfast in the dining room. It does take a little longer but we were not in a hurry to get off the ship. Sorrento's, Compass Deli, and lunch in the dining room were all great. They did have a hard time keeping pizzas ready at Sorrento’s though. The salad bar in the dining room at lunch was wonderful. Sorry no Compass

We sailed her Majesty last month. We brought two bottles of wine onboard, but ended up bringing it home. We attended the Diamond event where we had their wine in the evening and do not find it appealing to open the bottle in an inside cabin - so much for bringing our own. (on the jewel last week we drank our wine on the balcony). I kind of think it is odd, whether you are on a two nighter or 14 nighter, its two bottles of wine per cabin (although they didn't even bat an eye going through security).

The food was okay, maybe better than last year when we were on her. We ate in the Windjammer every night (never in the MDR).

I didn't keep the compass. They have a 10 and 2 trivia every day, our first day rained and rained, so the compass was all changed around. They have belly flop and Sexist man contests. We actually enjoyed watching those.

We actually bypassed coco cay due to weather and sailed straight to Nassau docking around 5, did an overnight and all day the next day. I don't think we got off the ship but there are quite a few things to do in Nassau.

Thanks for the information Trekker954, sryme and jazzyjoe. It is good to know you enjoyed the food. I keep reading about missing Cococay and hope we have good weather.

If anybody else has copies of the compass, it would be great to see them.

Archived