Separate embarkation section for Elites/Platinums at Galveston?

DrivesLikeMario

It's been years since I've sailed out of Galveston. Does anyone know if the new terminal has a separate room (or even a separate section) for priority embarkation? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to get there early. Is the terminal nice? The last time I was there, it was a warehouse.

Thanks for the help. :)

still looks like a warehouse, although a nice warehouse... there is a seperate line and check in room for platinum guests...last nonth, we checked in, recieved our sail and sign cards and went straight onto the ship, no guest waiting area number issued...

still looks like a warehouse, although a nice warehouse... there is a seperate line and check in room for platinum guests...last nonth, we checked in, recieved our sail and sign cards and went straight onto the ship, no guest waiting area number issued...

Perfect! That's what I was hoping for - a separate room for priority boarders. In that case, we'll get there early. Thank you so much for the help! :)

We are not Elite cruisers but have "VIP boarding" because we purchased a suite. Do we get to board with the Elites or is our boarding different?

If you're talking about Princess cruise lines, then yes, you do get to go in the suites line for check-in and you also get priority boarding. Sometimes, it's a first-come, first-boarded thing and sometimes they call all handicapped persons, then Elites, then Platinums, then suite guests, then the general boarding starts. It really depends on how they work it at that particular port.

The last time I boarded in Galveston there were literally 7 of us boarding because we were so early. We were all in 2 Grand Suites & all of us had priority boarding with the Platinum/Elite level, but it really didn't make much of a difference with there only being 7 passengers. lol So much for that! :D

Archived