Luggage during missed connection,,where??

alexandra cruiser

Have an AA flight from Chicago to Orlando at 10 30am that I may miss since connecting flight from Asiana leaves only 1 hr.30 min.So to be on safe side I bought an extra ticket on Delta leaving at 12noon.I had discussed this before on another thread,but was just wondering about luggage.

The "what ifs" concern whether to check all way thru and HOPE I make the tight connection.Or switch to Delta at customs in Chicago if it looks I may NOT make it.

Was worried they might pull my luggage off if I wasn t on the plane for security reasons.Any opinions?:confused:

On one flight that I was on, the pilot announced that our takeoff would be delayed because one couple had missed their connection, so their luggage was being removed. However, that was on an international flight. I don't know if that makes a difference.

To all the kind posters, had no problems at all.The returning flight on Asiana(which is a wonderful airline) was early, so I was able to use my original AA ticket and get to gate in plenty of time. Had 2hrs. for connection and all went well,with few lines at immigration,luggage,or security. AA flights on time and everything worked out very well,along with having a great river cruise.:)

So glad !

On one flight that I was on, the pilot announced that our takeoff would be delayed because one couple had missed their connection, so their luggage was being removed. However, that was on an international flight. I don't know if that makes a difference.
I don't know the current situation with 100% baggage reconciliation on US domestic flights, but on flights where that principle operates I think it starts from the basis that the passenger must not be able to choose not to fly on the flight on which their baggage does fly (eg by choosing to fly on a different flight). Failing to arrive at the gate for the second flight would breach that principle, so the baggage would have to be removed.

Archived