DATE CHANGE ON MARINA &th April

myraven

What everyone seems to be missing is that the OP said that she saw the schedule change in one of the numerous brochures sent out.

I am pretty sure if anyone has a copy of the brochure with the incorrect dates "THE BOSS" would like to see it ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me all. Husband was looking at the "new" 2013/14 brochure. He read everything but the date and I, foolishly, did not look but believed him since mostly, he is Never Wrong. Think?

Looking forward to being on the Marina again and this time with 2 sets of friends. Hope to find folks who may need people to fill out small private groups. Right now just booking cars.

Love to hear from you'al.

Cindy and Steve

smudge.katie@yahoo.com

Hi to you'al. We are Cindy & Steve Matheson from South Carolina. We booked the Marina 7th April from Tahiti over a year ago. Our son is getting married in Australia on the 5th of April and this cruise tied in perfectly for that date.

We just finally booked ALL our air flights, of course Non Refundable a few weeks ago and NOW by looking at the new brochures that Oceania sends by the dozen every month that the date has now changed to DEPARTING on the 5th.

Since our flts are set to arrive in PPT on the evening of 6 th along with hotel I wonder if they are going to make arrangements for us to get to the ship since the day/time we arrive the ship has already left Moorea and the next day at sea. Of course we can not MISS the wedding.

So we miss Moorea and They have a new itinerary with Huahine Now 2 days apart on the second part of the 30 trip instead of 10 apart.

I see by other comments that Oceania is holding off telling people when their flights are leaving, OR flying them from LAX to Washington DC to pick up charters. I see some people have actually cancelled.

When you make plans this far in advance how can they Jerk you around this way without notification.

ANY one else in this predicament?

ALSO, we had PH category on the our first cruise with Oceania. this past Sep and was told that we would be able to board at 2PM and were told at 3 when we got there that though they tell you that it would NOT happen.

Please let me know if any others are angry about what is happening and at least we may be able to get the company FIX our problems.

I have spent over 400 days cruising on top ships and this IS the first time I have every had this happen. It was bad enough that the last cruise we took to be able to stop in Egypt and they cancelled the stop and Celebrity docked right in front of us in Ashdod went on the make a successful STOP.

Cindy Matheson

smudge.katie@yahoo.com

My T/A has know me for 30 years and yes she thought I was crazy. Husband did not even "blink" when I told him that he had the wrong brochure.

Cindy

I believe the Reservations offices are closed on Sunday

The OP posted on SUNDAY but I am sure if they were still confused by Monday I would bet they were on the phone to Oceania or their TA

I am sure Oceania thought long and hard about skipping Egypt since we met many folks on board "redoing" the cruise since they had to skip it on another Oceania cruise. Just dumb Bad Luck. We will not try again.

Cindy:)

OP could be mistaken about that too. ;)

Forgive me all. Husband was looking at the "new" 2013/14 brochure. He read everything but the date and I, foolishly, did not look but believed him since mostly, he is Never Wrong. Think? ]

Too funny - I think there are a few of us out here with the same sort of husband!! LOL! ;)

Have a lovely trip and wedding :).

Just confirms that we should have the facts and step back a second and cool off, both in our personal life and professional life before hitting "SEND". As they say, once it's out there, you can't get it back.

...We all know about the inept Marketing Department at PCH...

Who is "we"? I never have felt that way, and have never seen errors from the marketing department. Goofs on the website, yes, but the brochures have always been dependable, besides being works of art.

• 6 months later...

We are Bill & Rita Bruce, St. Marys, GA, and are about to book on Oceania Marina for Tahiti-to-Lima, Apr. 19, 2014, to May 6, 2014. Is this the correct thread for this cruise:confused:? We want to take a few extra days in Lima to visit Machu Picchu. Oceania has this option, but we would like to investigate non-Oceania alternatives. Anyone have info:confused:? Thanks.

We are Bill & Rita Bruce, St. Marys, GA, and are about to book on Oceania Marina for Tahiti-to-Lima, Apr. 19, 2014, to May 6, 2014. Is this the correct thread for this cruise:confused:? We want to take a few extra days in Lima to visit Machu Picchu. Oceania has this option, but we would like to investigate non-Oceania alternatives. Anyone have info:confused:? Thanks.

Hi Bill and Rita, and WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!!!

I note that this was only your 5th Posting, so you are probably not aware that there is a specific Forum here, called the "ROLL CALLS" where passengers who are already booked on a specific Cruise are encouraged to network (otherwise, it would get very boring for the rest of us who don't get to Sail with you).

As it happens, the Roll Call for the Marina sailing of 4/19/14 is extraordinarily active (nearly sixteen thousand views as of now, and the cruise is still 9 months away!), so you should have no problem finding like minded shipmates here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1720037

Have a fantastic & safe trip-

Archived