Mexican Buffet

SmileEh

I will be on the Valor in January for a 7 day cruise and was wondering what night they have the late night Mexican Buffet?

I saw it on my last cruise but was too full to eat so if I can figure out what night they have it on I will save a little extra room lol... Mmm I love Mexican food!

I do not think what they serve at the mexican buffet can be "termed mexican..

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSensation/na/sin7/P1120089.JPG

I agree - it is Mexican style food but no where near a semi authentic Mexican buffet. It certainly is passable, as is their Chinese type food, pizza (favourite is feta, purple onion, black olives, mushrooms) etc - I personally don't mind it as I don't expect it to be great. Mind you I like anything and will eat anything - liver, beef, pork, poultry, moose, elk, caribou, lamb, octopus - actually any kind of sea food, land food, air food - get my drift.

We have to agree, the mexican buffet on the Splendor was downright horrible!! We too missed it on the previous cruise and wanted to stay up and try it this time. They had some sort of Asian dish in the middle of the buffet too, which seemed weird. Condiments (guacamole, sour cream, salsa) were at the start of the line, then the actual food followed.. Weird setup and food was bland and not worth it.

The churros we really wanted and they were like cardboard. But last year we did sneak a couple churros and they were good. Not sure what changed between last year and this year.

So don't make a special effort to try out the mexican buffet

Is it like going to a Mexican restaurant in Phoenix...absolutely the worst Mexican food I have ever tasted....in 10 years I never found a half way decent Mexican restaurant. Had to come back to Utah to find some authentic Mexican food. But then I never found any Mexican food in Cancun either, since they serve Vera Cruz style with the emphasis on fish. Now the market square in Mexico City with everybody boiling their Pigs heads....or El Paso. That's Mexican.

Well I have to say instead of improving the Mexican Buffet over the years it has gotten worse! So we just got back from the Inspiration, and as much as I know better we decided to go check it out. I was kind of in the mood for a crunchy taco. Well of course the selection is always a little weird - guacamole never is like regular guacamole, and weird salsas. So I only picked out a few things, and went and sat down to eat. Nothing tasted that good, and I left the majority except for the taco. No I have no idea what caused it - but a few hours later, around 3am I was woken up by some not so pleasant problems. Unfortunately this lasted all of my last day until around 4am or so the next morning. Well of course Carnival, or any boat for that matter likes to admit that something they cooked might have made you sick - and they insisted that I was already sick with the flu and that I need ed to be quarantined in my room until the end of my cruise!! Really!! Well sadly I was anyway - but I will never go back to the Mexican Buffet!! I was completely fine after 24hrs, so I still stand by food poisoning because I was totally fine the whole time until after I ate. Lesson learned!! :eek:

The Magic's wasn't much better. I took a bite of a few things but in the end, I was glad I had a full dinner earlier.

Still lots and lots of people in line though.

I suppose most ships have it between 11PM-12:30AM. Not quite midnight.

Archived