cheers beverage program

stefyo

Looking at the cheers beverage program it states:

Program does NOT include the following:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

Does that mean soda is included in this package?

Also can someone tell me if this package is available on the Valor?

?

I think that is like the Red Bull people drink- and their coctails that include that energy drink..

Milkshakes from the cafe--

coffee from the coffee bars..

Just wondering if you want to go to the bar and get a drink for your wife and yourself do you have to bring both set sail cards to use the Cheers program. Or does she have to go get her own drink?

Havent done it yet, but have read that if you bring both cards you can get 2 drinks.

Does that mean soda is included in this package?

Also can someone tell me if this package is available on the Valor?

Currently Available On

(last updated 12/11/2012)

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Valor

Carnival Victory

I am very excited about this program Cheers Beverage Program! Does anybody know when they plan on pulling the program. We sail on 1/26/2013 and REALLY could save money with this card!:D

Odds are it will go fleet wide in the new year, not get pulled... JMHO

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if you want to go to the bar and get a drink for your wife and yourself do you have to bring both set sail cards to use the Cheers program. Or does she have to go get her own drink?

They will have to swipe both cards, the card is flagged at drink 15 and a "manager" will bring you your drink to "see how you are doing" but as long as you are not falling down drunk you should be ok.:p

Currently Available On

(last updated 12/11/2012)

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Valor

Carnival Victory

It's on the Glory too...as of 12/16/12

• 5 weeks later...
Since Carnival has now put a 15 drink max on the program, do sodas count toward the max or only alcoholic beverages?

We just returned on the 27th. Soda does not count towards your 15 drink limit. I will say to reach your limit "That's a lot of booze" We only reached our 30 drink limit 2 times one on Sunday and then one rainy day when we were on shore for only a few hours. We saved receipts and our weekly drink total was $965.00 so well worth it

Enjoy:D

• 3 weeks later...

We were not sold on the Cheers program. Just returned from the Breeze on 02/10. We may have spent the same money (not every server returned with receipts) but I felt I forced myself to drink more for this reason (usually it doesn't take much, but I'm also not used to 3 meals a day!). My biggest complaint was that the servers all share in the same tips. There is no incentive to hustle or to return to you (for more drinks or to bring your receipts) because they will get the same tips either way? We did additional tips of course to those that did hustle, but if you only brought me one drink all week & didn't bring me receipts & I've already paid Carnival the 15% why am I adding more? The rumor onboard was that the ship was 500 staff short, I'm assuming a big part of that was bar service staff.

I find it hard to believe that Carnival in their infinite wisdom and computer services that are available to them, cannot key in a server's number and give them the correct portion of their tips. OK, somebody is going to have more that 15 frozen drinks in a 24 hr period (I doubt it) but others are not going to fulfill that quota.

I hardily discourage this practice and for the folks that are getting their moneys worth I hope that Carnival will see that the bar staff should get their fair share that they have earned.

We had a bar server in the Sapphire dining room (Gabor) who was 'da bomb! We also had one that took over 1/2 hr to bring me a glass of wine. Needless to say, we forever after asked for Gabor even if we were in a different table (anytime dining) Vladimir was our server (requested him too).

And yes, you do need to take both cards to order 2 drinks. Then you must wait 5 min before you can order 2 more on those cards. Every adult in a cabin must purchase the plan if one gets it.

I find it hard to believe that Carnival in their infinite wisdom and computer services that are available to them, cannot key in a server's number and give them the correct portion of their tips. OK, somebody is going to have more that 15 frozen drinks in a 24 hr period (I doubt it) but others are not going to fulfill that quota.

Good point. I would think they could program in the computer to come up with the server's portion of the tip. I wish they would work on this.

I remember years ago having issues getting soda with a soda card. I have not had this problem within the past five years or so. Somehow the attitude changed on this. I hope the same thing happens with the beverage card.

Everyone over 21 in the cabin has to buy it

Ill be on the Valor in May. Ill be sailing with 2 sons, 22 and 19 and a daughter 9. We will have 2 rooms. We wanted myself hubby and daughter in one room, and sons in another. I was surprised (and probably misinformed, but its too late now) that because neither of the boys is 25, they would need someone 25 or older booked in the room.

So....I booked myself, daughter and 22 YO in my room, and hubby and 19yo together.

(Here is where I get back to the topic!!)

DS 22 does not drink, cant drink (meds), thinks the taste of alcohol is disgusting! Would I have to get the cheers program for him because he is in my room? Hubby wouldnt be a problem because of the 19 to in his room.

Not even sure we'll get it, but was definitely planning on the soda card. Ill have to do the math on about 4 drinks per day plus the cost of the soda card per day. :confused:

Ill be on the Valor in May. Ill be sailing with 2 sons, 22 and 19 and a daughter 9. We will have 2 rooms. We wanted myself hubby and daughter in one room, and sons in another. I was surprised (and probably misinformed, but its too late now) that because neither of the boys is 25, they would need someone 25 or older booked in the room. :confused:

if they are either across the hall or next door you can book your kids in their own cabin- unless one of those kids are not your own.

You will not be able to book the 9 year old in a cabin with the 22 year old.

You should NOT had the problem with booking the 2 boys in their own cabin.

(where was it located compared to yours?)