Cancel & rebook question

perlgirlnj

We are currently looking at 2014 itineraries (which is quite a change because we usually book about 4 to 5 months out). We've identified two sailings that are of interest to us now but it is so far out, it's hard to tell for sure whether work or family obligations will get in the way.

If we put down a deposit on one of these sailings, and then need to change or cancel before final payment is due, can our deposit be applied to another sailing? Or is there a refund (less some fee, I'd presume)?

And what happens if the price drops during the intervening period? I know Royal Caribbean will adjust the invoice, or at least they did the last timeI sailed them a few years ago; does AZ?

I know this is a routine thing for those of you who book very far out, but as I said, I've never booked more than 4 or 5 months out before.

You will need to tell us what country you are in as the rules vary from country to country, in some country's (ie UK and parts of Europe and Australia) there is no option to switch bookings in others you can (i.e USA and Canada)

Hi Perlgirlnj,

As long as you do so before any penalties kick in, your deposit can be moved to another booking or refunded. If you opt for a refund, there's a cancellation fee of $25 per person. I'm not entirely certain if the fee applies should you change your booking.

I hope this helps. Happy Holidays !

You will need to tell us what country you are in as the rules vary from country to country, in some country's (ie UK and parts of Europe and Australia) there is no option to switch bookings in others you can (i.e USA and Canada)

In addition to Andy's correct response, if the price drops before final payment on your room you will get the reduced price. If they have a special deal, that applies to new bookings only before your final payment is due you would not get that price. You would have to cancel and rebook, but the penalties usually outweigh the benefit. Make sure you watch the prices once you book, because we have seen them drop for short periods of time. Good luck

Archived