Bottles of wine on new drink pkg

Hi -- I have followed the threads about the new drink pkg and the info regarding a discount on bottles of wine has been confusing. Does anyone know if there is a discount on bottles of wine, not just glasses of house wine, when using the new drink package? Thanks

Margee

I was on the Oasis last week and bought the $55 all-inclusive package. It included liquors, beers, soda by the glass and house wines. I tried the house chardonnay one evening at dinner and wasn't too impressed. On the other hand, my niece liked the Beringer White Zinfandel that was offered. This is one big area on the package that they need to improve upon. If they could offer the wines that are 8,10 bucks a glass it would be much better, IMHO. Celebrity's alcohol package offered wines and cocktails up to $12, so maybe they can tweak it a bit:)

Are they still offering the wine package separately?

I suspect they would. It has to be pretty profitable. But for us in order to get most from a drink package we would definitely not buy a wine package too. It would be an either-or deal for us so I assume others too and new drink packages will probably cut into wine package sales.

I usually buy a wine package, the wine package that I buy contains the Cline Zin, which I usually order. Price was, $305 for 10 bottles, plus gratuity. After doing some quick math, most of the wines in this package, I did not look at all of them, were around $30 so 10 times $30,=$300 did not add up to a 25% savings. So for the first time I declined and bought bottles when necessary.

Archived