VIP Park and Ride / Jacksonville

SailorMom37

We recently returned from a cruise on the Fascination. I wanted to leave some feedback here on VIP Park and Ride.

The price is very reasonable, our car was well taken care of, and getting to the port on embarkation day was smooth and trouble free.

That said - trying to get back to our car was a bit more difficult. Only one shuttle was running to the port. We waited almost an hour for a shuttle, along with many others, with only one bench to sit on in the windy parking lot at the port. One of the employees was there making phone calls, I assume trying to get a shuttle there faster, but she did not communicate with us at all.

When we complained to the shuttle driver, there were no apologies made, just lame excuses (which, in my opinion, is a waste of breath and just makes things worse).

So - Not the end of the world, we still got a good price, and out car was fine. But beware how long you may wait after debarkation for your car.

We recently returned from a cruise on the Fascination. I wanted to leave some feedback here on VIP Park and Ride.

The price is very reasonable, our car was well taken care of, and getting to the port on embarkation day was smooth and trouble free.

That said - trying to get back to our car was a bit more difficult. Only one shuttle was running to the port. We waited almost an hour for a shuttle, along with many others, with only one bench to sit on in the windy parking lot at the port. One of the employees was there making phone calls, I assume trying to get a shuttle there faster, but she did not communicate with us at all.

When we complained to the shuttle driver, there were no apologies made, just lame excuses (which, in my opinion, is a waste of breath and just makes things worse).

So - Not the end of the world, we still got a good price, and out car was fine. But beware how long you may wait after debarkation for your car.

We used them last year and had much the same experience. No complaints about how they took care of our car or the cost but on our return we were waiting awhile for the shuttle too. They loaded us all into the van (which was almost full) and we finally headed back to our car (or so we thought).

We had been riding about 20 min chatting with others on the van, when we realized we were turning BACK into the port....:eek:. It seems there were two more people who needed to go back to VIP so instead of them dropping us off and going back to pick them up.... they decided to turn around and go all the way back!!! The driver never said a word about what was going on just kept driving. After what seemed like two trips to the Port it was after 10:30 before we were able to get our car. We got off the ship around 9:00.

Very nice people, very good rates, but they really do need to run at least two shuttles on pick-up days!!! We won't use them again for that reason.

Archived