Interested in the new 2.0 upgrades on the Dream

luckyjtiger

I have reviewed the new 2.0 upgrades on the Carnival website and it says that the Dream received the new upgrades. However, I cannot find out if Guy's Burgers is actually on the Dream and if so, where it is located.

Sailing Saturday and my son wants to know. If anyone is just off the Dream would you please let me know if there is a Guy's Burger on the Dream?

Thank you!! :)

Definitely NO Guy's burgers...the red frog & blue iguana bars on Lido are nice though :rolleyes:

Completed During Dry-Dock: 9/08/12-9/22/12

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

Addition of Cherry on Top – located Promenade Deck 5 forward (replaced Formalities)

Fun Ship 2.0

Addition of RedFrog Rum Bar – located Lido Deck 10 midship, pool area

Addition of BlueIguana Tequila Bar – located Lido Deck 10 midship, pool area

DJ IRIE

The Punchliner Comedy Club and Brunch Presented by George Lopez

Addition of The Taste Bar located in Ocean Plaza

Removal of Wasabi Sushi Bar

Staterooms 6207 and 6208: The obstructed steel panel balcony replaced with glass balcony rail

I think having Carnival state that Dream got the 2.0 upgrades gives one the impression that a lot was added, when in fact only a few changes were made. For example, the real 2.0 Red Frog is a pub, and on Dream, it's just a different name for a bar. The same thing with the Blue Iguana, no food, just a bar.

No Guy's burgers, still same burger place as it has been from day 1. The only real 2.0 thing I noticed was the Punchliner brunch. Carnival Dream had the same breakfast menu every day and the same lunch menu every day--unlike some other ships that had different menus for lunch daily when it was served in the MDR. Now, the days of the brunch there is no lunch served in the MDR and it is the same menu each day that brunch is served,

To us, the comedy brunch is a misnomer. There was nothing funny at all! The comedian said he was doing kids jokes but not even the kids laughed. It was lame. The food was ok, not hot as it should be, but not stone cold either. That could be because we went at 1PM and it is over at 1:30.

The second time we went to the brunch we went at a time to avoid the comedians. Once was enough with them. We went at 10: 15 and the medium rare steak and eggs came well done.. Service was not good at all, however had we had coupons for the free drink to use on the second time we would have gotten the drink within a minute. We must have been asked by at least 7 servers if we had coupons. Perhaps some of the drink servers could have helped the waiters with getting coffee, rolls etc. It was very disappointing.

Sorry to be so wordy, but I think the whole comedy brunch concept doesn't work. If there were other 2.0 upgrades, I missed them entirely.

I think having Carnival state that Dream got the 2.0 upgrades gives one the impression that a lot was added, when in fact only a few changes were made. For example, the real 2.0 Red Frog is a pub, and on Dream, it's just a different name for a bar. The same thing with the Blue Iguana, no food, just a bar.

No Guy's burgers, still same burger place as it has been from day 1. The only real 2.0 thing I noticed was the Punchliner brunch. Carnival Dream had the same breakfast menu every day and the same lunch menu every day--unlike some other ships that had different menus for lunch daily when it was served in the MDR. Now, the days of the brunch there is no lunch served in the MDR and it is the same menu each day that brunch is served,

To us, the comedy brunch is a misnomer. There was nothing funny at all! The comedian said he was doing kids jokes but not even the kids laughed. It was lame. The food was ok, not hot as it should be, but not stone cold either. That could be because we went at 1PM and it is over at 1:30.

The second time we went to the brunch we went at a time to avoid the comedians. Once was enough with them. We went at 10: 15 and the medium rare steak and eggs came well done.. Service was not good at all, however had we had coupons for the free drink to use on the second time we would have gotten the drink within a minute. We must have been asked by at least 7 servers if we had coupons. Perhaps some of the drink servers could have helped the waiters with getting coffee, rolls etc. It was very disappointing.

Sorry to be so wordy, but I think the whole comedy brunch concept doesn't work. If there were other 2.0 upgrades, I missed them entirely.

Thanks Katie for answering my question about the Guy's Burgers. :)

Archived