Review: Carnival Breeze 12/2 Exotic Eastern Caribbean

JennN

Great review...I'm checking out as many as I can to get some tips and hints on the Breeze...my partner and I sail Dec 6, 2014 (anniversary - 23 years and Birthday cruise all in one...oh yeah and Christmas :)) I noticed you're also sailing Dec 6...just on a different ship...we actually considered that sailing but decided on the Breeze. To bad, we could have gotten together for a drink.

Great review...I'm checking out as many as I can to get some tips and hints on the Breeze...my partner and I sail Dec 6, 2014 (anniversary - 23 years and Birthday cruise all in one...oh yeah and Christmas :)) I noticed you're also sailing Dec 6...just on a different ship...we actually considered that sailing but decided on the Breeze. To bad, we could have gotten together for a drink.

Congrats on 23 years!!!You are going to have a blast. We're looking forward to our cruise too -101 days!

• 4 months later...
Before you being reading this review, please note that a) we are loyal Carnival customers and b) we are two women in a same-sex marriage (making us a lesbian couple). If you want to X out of the review now, feel free to do so now.

Hi! Glad you stuck around! We waited soooo long (479 days to be exact) for this cruise and convinced my mother-in-law (MIL) to join us for her first cruise. This was our third (first was on the Carnival Dream in 2010, second on the Valor in 2011).

We stayed the night before in Miami at The Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. The room was decent and decorated for Christmas. We took a taxi the next morning around 11a and went to the ship. Of course, it started raining in the three minutes before arriving.

380182_10152315184385015_2042897753_n.jpg

We didn't have a FTF pass but did each bring a bottle of champagne with us per their rules (all for me!) and had no wait getting through security into the holding area. We did have to wait about 30 minutes for our zone to be called and then it took another 15 minutes before we got on the ship.

My MIL enjoyed cutting our little line to be first on board

9646_10152315184700015_1764363817_n.jpg

Once on board, we headed to Red Frog Pub - after 479 days of hearing about the ship in multiple areas, we knew our first drink would be there!

My MIL loved their brew (it tastes better at the bar than the Lido Deck bar, FYI). I had the Red Frog Caribbean Tea (the blue one) and it was STRONG but yummy. The other I don't remember the taste of but we all enjoyed! Most of all, me!

486902_4259001638697_340391054_n.jpg

Linden there was a great server as well

We set sail very, very late and I have no idea why. We took the time to explore the ship some and visit our room, which I decorated for both my wife and MIL. MIL had an inside room (I think it was 9486) and we were in an oceanfront room (2986). Despite noting a king bed, we were met with two twins that our steward, Henry, promptly fixed. He was the best steward we've ever had!

181812_10152315186110015_2141293123_n.jpg

The room was nice and again - the steward was impeccable and always had my champagne on ice for me!

301228_10152315183635015_117617177_n.jpg

I will stop here to say we went to My Time Dining in the Sapphire Room and it was HORRIBLE. Not only was the food ice cold, but it wasn't even good. I talked to one of the maitre d's and was assured it would be taken care of.

We walked the ship some more and discovered all the "new" features of this one and got our MIL familiar with it.

577791_10152315186590015_307371813_n.jpg

We had a few drinks on deck and hit the hay to start the day anew!

Wife and I are considering the breeze foe next year(dec).We've always cruised from galveston but want to see new ports and visit my birthplace-Puerto Rico. Thanks for the review