Carnival Legend Review I never knew I would write!

JasonandKatie2010

Hello!!

This will be a short and sweet review but I am writing because I feel like some things are really exaggerated on CC so I wanted to give my review.

We cruised on December 2nd on the Legend out of Tampa.

The cruise experience as a whole- Really fun. Don't expect a crazy amount of luxury or outrageously amazing food but everything is good and there is alot of it! I heard a few people complaining about the food quality but for what we paid for this cruise I was very happy.

I can't speak on the shows but we did go to every trivia game and loved it so much. Nick was our favorite entertainment staff member. so funny!

Tendering- Seriously, its not a big deal. If you want to be on the first tender out and don't have a carnival excursion just get there when they say they open. If they wrote in the carnival times that they start at 8am then be there then. We were the first tender both times without a carnival excursion.

Belize- I have read so many people say its so scary and you can't leave the port without being attacked so I was nervous because we booked with a private company. Its not scary!!! just walk right past everyone. Most likely your tour will be waiting for you (like ours was) There is even someone who works at the port who asks you where you are going and directs you to the right people.

Cave Tubing- please please please take my advise and book with cavetubing.bz

They are amazing! It was the best experience of our trip. You get to do everything!! I can't tell you how many times we saw other tours pass by and not get to do and see what we did. And there were 6 people (yes you read that correct) on our tour through the cave. Most of the other tours were WAY more then that. Axel and Richard were our guides and they were AMAZING!

Seriously, the van ride back was like a party!!

Roatan- If you love to snorkel go to tabayana beach it was the best reef myself or my husband (who has dived all over) have ever seen. It was really amazing. Be prepared for many people to try to sell you something or braid your hair or give you a massage but they can be easily dodged.

Grand Cayman- Go to the turtle farm!! We almost didn't go but we are so happy with did! You get to hold as many baby turtles you want!! We purchased the whole park which includes the turtles and then the pool and the snorkel pool where you can snorkel with turtles. After going we should have just done the turtle part which was $18 each instead of $45 each. We aren't pool people and the snorkeling with the turtle is really not great (we are very experience snorkelers so keep that in mind)

Also, you really don't need an excursion. Grand Cayman has an amazing bus (van) system just flag one down (or they may beep at you to see if you want a ride) tell them where you want to go and you go for $2.50 a person. its easy and safe.

Thats all I got! I'll try and answer any questions if you have them!!

Currentyl on the legend right now wrapping up a cruise. This one was delayed by 12 hours leaving but lots of bad reviews of the legend seem greatly overblown. Will review later.

yeah I was on the cruise right before you. we were delayed getting to port you were delayed getting on... hope you still had fun!

We were also on the 12/2 cruise as well and had a great time. No problems with anything really. Just a few minor concerns like luke warm food in the Lido buffet a couple times (like my food hot) and ice machines being our of ice a few times (just went to another machine). We ate in the supper club twice and the food was excellent and the chef came to our table twice checking to see how we liked the meal.

No problems with Embark, Debark or tendering.

In Cozumel we went to Nachi Cocum and loved it. Very quite and relaxing. Food and drinks excellent.

In Belize we just walked around the port area.

In Roatan we went to Little French key. Had a great time but due to the short time on the island it felt like it went by too quick.

In Grand Cayman we went on a tour with Nativeway. Cant say enough good things about them. They took us out to see the stingrays, snorkle, and to Rum Point.

Good review. Short and sweet and to the point. I have been on the Legend several times and have always enjoyed the cruise. No the food isn't five star but good tasting lots of choices and availability. I don't know where people are coming from saying the ship is decrepit I thought it was well maintained.

We took a tour where we drove a distance and then went horseback riding through the jungle, with guides who had machetes and cut down the hanging vines-very cool, for everyone but me:eek:. I had not riden a horse in 40 years and had 2 knee replacements, so when the horse tried to keep up with the other horsies, I kept bouncing up and down, and the next thing I knew, I was doing an Annie Oakley, hanging off the side of the horse, holding on to the saddlehorn. Luckily, the horse must have been trained that when you have a screaming woman, the horse stops. I then fell off and hit the ground, praying he would not kick me-he did not.

I had several big bruises for a few days, nothing broken and then one of our guides lead me and my horse through the jungle with the others! Looking back, other than falling off, it was a great tour and always felt safe.

Good review. Short and sweet and to the point. I have been on the Legend several times and have always enjoyed the cruise. No the food isn't five star but good tasting lots of choices and availability. I don't know where people are coming from saying the ship is decrepit I thought it was well maintained.

From your signature you haven't been on her since February, 2010. Someone defaced the interior doors of all the elevators and they were scrubbed leaving etching marks all over. My balcony had peeling paint all over although I could see the next cabin had been freshly painted. No sheer curtain on cruises in September and November. The counter top in the cabin was all dinged up and the closets had those awful pieces of leather to open the doors, some of which were missing. The bathroom sink was all scratched up too. This was 7262. The balcony is the first one where it juts out aft. It was like a hurricane out there when we were going over 15 knots. The wind hit the divider and made a real racket. I've stayed in other balconys between cabins and this didn't happen.

Most public areas didn't have the wear and tear the cabin did. Lido was in good condition as was the buffet area.

I love the ship and since I live nearby you can see from my signature I travel on her a lot. We'll miss her when she goes to Europe for too long!

I'm booked on her last trip before Europe and the first cruise after she's back!

From your signature you haven't been on her since February, 2010. Someone defaced the interior doors of all the elevators and they were scrubbed leaving etching marks all over. My balcony had peeling paint all over although I could see the next cabin had been freshly painted. No sheer curtain on cruises in September and November. The counter top in the cabin was all dinged up and the closets had those awful pieces of leather to open the doors, some of which were missing. The bathroom sink was all scratched up too. This was 7262. The balcony is the first one where it juts out aft. It was like a hurricane out there when we were going over 15 knots. The wind hit the divider and made a real racket. I've stayed in other balconys between cabins and this didn't happen.

Most public areas didn't have the wear and tear the cabin did. Lido was in good condition as was the buffet area.

I love the ship and since I live nearby you can see from my signature I travel on her a lot. We'll miss her when she goes to Europe for too long!

I'm booked on her last trip before Europe and the first cruise after she's back!

We were on the 12/2 sailing and had an aft facing cabin 7300. Our cabin was spotless. No scratches, dings or anything like that. Not even sure of what you mean by leather to open the doors? Our closet doors had handles.

Wonder what happened in your cabin? We did see the elevator damage...what a shame.

We were on the 12/2 sailing and had an aft facing cabin 7300. Our cabin was spotless. No scratches, dings or anything like that. Not even sure of what you mean by leather to open the doors? Our closet doors had handles.

Wonder what happened in your cabin? We did see the elevator damage...what a shame.

The cabin has definetely been used hard. In cabins which haven't had makeovers the cabinet doors and drawers have a leather loop instead of a knob.

Will be on the Legend May 4th 2013. Have room 4140 booked thanks to the recommendations wonderful members here on Cruise Critic. Have cruised on the Spirit and Pride, which I believe are in the same category and we loved them. Our favorite cruise ships.

Would love to hear more about the Legend :D .

I did notice the etching on the elevator doors..such a shame poeple would do that!

Everything else about the ship seemed in good order..(12/9 sailing)

I was THRILLED to see those awful leather? ( always thought they were rope) straps gone and replaced by knobs! The strap thingies were unsanitary!

Our stateroom 5236..was immaculate and no nics or dings..even new lampshades....we had a great cruise..would leave again this Sunday if I could!:D

We were on the Legend for Thanksgiving. We loved the ship and our Vista Suite. Our stateroom was immaculate. The aft rap balcony was outrageous. The Legend was well maintained in our opinion. The food for the most part was good. The Chef's table was fantastic. 95% of the workers on board were great the other 5% could have been having a bad week.

I really can't understand the negative comments you'll read about the Legend. Do yourself a favor and ignore the negativity and enjoy. We booked the same cruise, same room for next Thanksgiving.

We were on the Legend the 9th and it was very clean! There was etching in the mirrors, so sad, but everything else was nice! The ship never seemed crowded and there were days there were only 2 people in the pools....most staff were friendly, I really liked our room steward but we did encounter some who weren't as friendly! It was the first cruise I had been on where I didn't feel pressured to buy something, like drinks, etc.....the food was okay, i know people get upset over this so i won't say much, but it was okay. it was always warm to hot! We left late due to fog so our start was rough but we had a great time!

Belkin

We will be sailing on the Legend Jan 6th and have reserved room 7300. Can you tell be what your thoughts where of the aft facing room and the balcony? Was the balcony larger ? We were thinking of changing rooms to a larger type balcony

Any advice

Belkin

We will be sailing on the Legend Jan 6th and have reserved room 7300. Can you tell be what your thoughts where of the aft facing room and the balcony? Was the balcony larger ? We were thinking of changing rooms to a larger type balcony

Any advice

The room was a typical balcony cabin (185sf) and it did have a sofa. The balcony was 60sf as opposed to 40sf. It is deeper than other balconies. We also like cabin 7258 which has a 180sf balcony. We spend a lot of time on our balcony. I use cruise deck plans to chose our room, that and the price. lol

I guess it is a personal thing....depends on how much time you spend on the balcony and the cost of the cabin.

Archived