GTY assignments on Nieuw Amsterdam (Dec 23)

m134

Is there anyone here sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam next week with GTY reservations? Do you have your room assignments yet? The cruise has been sold out for quite a while, but HAL is taking its sweet time to assign cabins.

Please share your experiences. We are on the 14 day B2B cruise (both Christmas and New Year's).

Is there anyone here sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam next week with GTY reservations?

While we are NOT on your cruise...We are sailing the Maasdam Friday 12/21... we too have not been assigned as of yet... it could be any day now or at the pier.. but don't fret you do have a stateroom...Just mark your anticipation and nervousness up to your overall cruise experience!!

Enjoy your B2B!

Joseph

While we are NOT on your cruise...We are sailing the Maasdam Friday 12/21... we too have not been assigned as of yet... it could be any day now or at the pier.. but don't fret you do have a stateroom...Just mark your anticipation and nervousness up to your overall cruise experience!!

Enjoy your B2B!

Joseph

I totally agree! I am all for the pleasures of anticipation. It is just not knowing the exact cabin so close to the cruise makes bragging about it to friends and relatives a pinch more difficult. I need at least a few days of being able to annoy everyone by showing them the exact cabin on the deck plan. Part of the pre-cruise ritual.

I totally agree! I am all for the pleasures of anticipation. It is just not knowing the exact cabin so close to the cruise makes bragging about it to friends and relatives a pinch more difficult. I need at least a few days of being able to annoy everyone by showing them the exact cabin on the deck plan. Part of the pre-cruise ritual.

Shouldn't have booked a GTY, then :-)

Shouldn't have booked a GTY, then :-)

I like to live dangerously :-)

Besides, part of the bragging ritual is telling people how lucky I am, throwing a dart blindfolded and hitting the bull's eye.

We're on Westerdam but also leaving Dec 23. All of our rooms (5 cabins) were assigned on the 13th. When you check your reservation, look at the luggage tags. We found that the rooms were posted there almost two days prior to the actual reservationi page.

Good luck; our group is very pleased with the assignments -- inside cabins jumped from NN to K & verandas from VH to VC.

Have a wonderful cruise!

When you check your reservation, look at the luggage tags. We found that the rooms were posted there almost two days prior to the actual reservationi page.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks!

Based on the number of times I have already "printed" my luggage tags, HAL may conclude that I am planning on bringing a tow boat to drag my 497 suitcases behind the Nieuw Amsterdam.

We're on Westerdam but also leaving Dec 23. All of our rooms (5 cabins) were assigned on the 13th. When you check your reservation, look at the luggage tags. We found that the rooms were posted there almost two days prior to the actual reservationi page.

Good luck; our group is very pleased with the assignments -- inside cabins jumped from NN to K & verandas from VH to VC.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Wow you guys did very well!

Is there anyone here sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam next week with GTY reservations? Do you have your room assignments yet? The cruise has been sold out for quite a while, but HAL is taking its sweet time to assign cabins.

Please share your experiences. We are on the 14 day B2B cruise (both Christmas and New Year's).

My wife and I will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam on the 23, We too have a garanteed cabin, and we have not been assigned a cabin yet. I am not at all concerned even though this is our first time with a GTY. We were on the Nieuw Amsterdan at Christmas in 2010, and we loved it. So much that we decided to go back this year. We have a garanteed verandah, so we know we would not get anything lower than that. So, who cares when they tell us about our cabin. Good luck with yours, and have a wonderful trip!

I like to live dangerously :-)

Besides, part of the bragging ritual is telling people how lucky I am, throwing a dart blindfolded and hitting the bull's eye.

Got our room assignment today at 5 pm pacific time. Booked VH GTY, got assigned an aft facing VA on deck 8. Is it a good room? Is there much sun on the balcony or does the top overhang block it?

Got our room assignment today at 5 pm pacific time. Booked VH GTY, got assigned an aft facing VA on deck 8. Is it a good room? Is there much sun on the balcony or does the top overhang block it?

I hope there is a overhang as we have an aft wraparound on deck 8 in January on the NA. We like sun, but also some privacy from the Lido deck above.

That's a wonderful upgrade! We never had an aft deck cabin until about two years ago, and now, that's all we book.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Great to hear you got your cabin already. We still do not have an assigned cabin. Maybe it will happen today or tomorrow. Que sera sera....

one the second half of your 14 day cruise and just got my assignment today. can start the countdown.

BTW, we have a few people getting together for a M&G on Dec 31. Check out our roll call for the dec 30 NA sailing.

Rob

Archived