Air Deviation and Air Change -- Transfers??

macor

Hi,

This is our second Oceania Cruise. We will be doing the Med in April starting in Barcelona. We will be going to the Costa Del Sol and spending a few days in Barcelona before our cruise. We did not think we would get transfers to the ship but we are wondering if we will get them from the ship to the airport in Rome.

We were so prepared for our first cruiise having participated in the roll call and monitored the Oceania Cruises threads. Hoping one of you experienced Oceania folks can help us out. Your input is always appreciated. Thanks!

I used the air deviation last Spring. I did not have transfers from the airport to the pre-cruise hotel or from the ship to the airport at the end of the cruise. (Oceania did provide transport from the hotel to the ship at the beginning of the cruise.) I suppose I could have purchased them but ground transportation is easily arranged and probably cheaper on your own. Have a great cruise.

When we travel with Oceania, we never use their transportation, it is far too expensive. You can do it on your own for about half the cost of Oceania.

In both Barcelona and Rome (Civitavecchia) you can easily get a private firm to pick you up either at the airport (Barcelona) or Civitavecchia (Rome)

Just google transfers in either place and you will get quite a few firms. We have had tansfers from both and found them to be very good indeed. They will be waiting for you with your name on a card.

Agree w/ LEESRE that it's easy to reserve a private transfer online. But in addition to Googling options, I recommend either searching CC's city forums or using TripAdvisor to identify a reputable transfer company in those locations.

It can be challenging to pick out a reliable overseas transfer provider strictly via Google (or Yelp), but if you see 20+ regular contributors to CC or TA forums who all endorse a particular agency, you can feel reassured about your choices. Arriving in a foreign port or airport after a long trip can cause enough anxiety, without worrying about transfer arrangements.

Archived