REVIEW: Carnival Dream

Liverpoollovely

This is my long awaited review on my carnival dream sailing :) it has taken forever to write this review, as I wasn’t sure of the correct format or how to present it but I hope you like my review anywho

16th June myself and my sister sailed on the Carnival Dream from Fort Lauderdale we had an incredible time on the ship, It was a celebratory cruise for my sisters 40th Birthday. My mum and dad had paid for my sister to be welcomed with a fruit and wine basket, the room to be decorated in birthday decorations, a chocolate birthday cake. (pictures to follow in the next post) And when my sister was in the dining room she was sung to and received a slice of yummy diet banana cake which she loved.

We opted for Your time Dining and thoroughly enjoyed every dining experience in the Crimson Dining room. Our room was located on Deck two midship which actually was a location we preferred as it was not too far to walk from many locations. This was our first Carnival Cruise and so we were looking forward to it. We had a lot of cruise pictures took so I will try to share with you a select pictures we took throughout the cruise, without overloading the review with pictures.

From the 16th June this was our home ..

P6190165.jpg

If you have any questions feel free to ask ...

Next post will cover the ship and our ports of calls: Nassau, Bahamas .. St Thomas and St Maarten ..

This is my long awaited review on my carnival dream sailing :) it has taken forever to write this review, as I wasn’t sure of the correct format or how to present it but I hope you like my review anywho

16th June myself and my sister sailed on the Carnival Dream from Fort Lauderdale we had an incredible time on the ship, It was a celebratory cruise for my sisters 40th Birthday.

Am sure you mean from Port Canaveral, Dream doesn't sail from Ft Lauderdale. :) Thanks for sharing your review and great cruise experience with us on the Carnival Dream!

on board the ship we got on for about 11:30 we were a:confused:nticipating lobg lines however there was none. This suprised us we also had our own Carnival cheerleader greeting us to get the padty started she was such a lovely person. I really like sailing from Port Canaveral.

Chevk in process was smooth as before we left the UK I had done the online check in and i would advise anyone new to cruising and or carnival to do this in advance as it speeds up the check in process. we were told upon check in our room was not ready yet. I knew my mum and dad had paid for extras for the room to be decorated and to have giftbasket in tow and so huided my sister to the lido deck for something to eat and sit reviewing the fun times on what we were going to do on the day.

part way through the lido restraunt the floor becomes dangerously slippy and so navigating through this section was at times dangerous with hot drinks.

The food i found yummy we had a DOD which had some rum and fresh juice amongst other ingrediants. we opted to get the bottomless bubbles package each because i do enjoy pinapple juice and diet coke. my sister is a coke zero fan and i have to say we pretty much got our moneys worth by the end of the first day.

when we got into our room we were welcomed by decorations..cake and a fruit basket with wine. (pictures to follow in the next post) our room we found to have tonnes of room and in comparison to RCI inside staterooms the stateroom was much bigger including the bathroom was bigger than RCI inside staterooms.

NEXT POST: pictures to follow, first night experience and Nassau

So it was good bye Port Canaveral ..

P6160120.jpg

P6160121.jpg

P6160122.jpg

farewell to land and now onto our cabin ...

P6230401.jpg

Deck Two Main Deck stateroom 2307 was where myself and my sister headed for after 1:30pm we wanted to dump our bags and be acquainted with our new home ... we opened the door to find this ...

P6160080.jpg

and this lovely cake .. .which was so rich and yummy we shared it with our stateroom attendants

P6160087.jpg

there was also the fruit basket and red wine however we did not get a picture of that to show the cake was the chocolate nine inch cake which was purchased along with the decorations from the bon voyage section on the carnival site.

After reading the CC board we took an additional two bottles of red wine and 12 cans of sprite however I would say if you are going to purchase the drink package as we eventually did an hour or so later .. I would say not to bring the additional baggage of carrying the 12 cans of sprite or whatever your chosen soda as we found we had 12 cans we had to cart on the ship which was not needed.

As I said on a previous post, we found our cabin a modest afforadable inside stateroom to be much larger than previous cruise ships we had been on, we only ever opt for an inside stateroom because we hardly spend time in the cabin and also we would much rather be out there on the ship involved in a fun activity or just sunbathing.

Our first night we went to dinner in the Crimson dining room, I had previously read about nightmare experiences with ATD or YTD as it is sometimes referred to ... however myself and my sister did not have any issues regarding service at all in any area of the Crimson Dining room. Service and food was exceptional, we never waited longer than ten minutes. We never had any demands however to sit in a particular area or have a particular wait staff team, or to have a table requirement ... some nights we shared with others, sometimes it was just me and my sister ... we did not mind sharing a table, on two occasions we were put on a table for 12 and there was a mixture of couples and families put on these tables on the two ocassions we had dined on the table it was nice because it was like we were set dining despite being Your Time. Throughout the seven days on the ship I did not have any food complaints in fact in comparison to previous cruises I had been on the food on Carnival is WAY better ... My only comment would be the pasta dishes are better as a starter as opposed to a main meal as there was just too much pasta! and such a terrible waste I learnt this and switched pasta dishes for starters

Sadly I did not think to take pictures of the food or any further interior room pictures, a lesson learned for my third and Fourth upcoming cruise

NEXT Post: Nassau

Archived