In a pickle....

stacyinpa

We are leaving on the Triumph for our Christmas Cruise from Dec 24 - thru Dec 31st. I live in eastern PA and the only decent priced air I found does not have a flight coming home on NYE. Ok..so I thought we would bring in the New Year in Florida...that would be neat!

After checking a few hotels I realize I am in a pickle now...all of the nice hotels are booked for NYE. Now what do we do?

I do not mind paying for a classier hotel. I have had to many poor experiences with value hotels and I just dont want to even go that route.

The air I found has us flying into Ft. Lauderdale...I would like to take a taxi to Miami and stay nearest the port so the kids can watch the ship in the AM :)

Where would you spend NYE? How would you approach this situation? I will take all the advice you can give me as I am getting desperate to get this hotel pre/post in order.

Thank you so much....

Stacy in PA

There is availability at the Marriott Marina Hotel (very nice hotel) in Ft. Lauderdale for 12/31/05. Price is $299/night. Also, the Renaissance Hotel (Marriott Property) on 17th Street in Ft. Lauderdale is available for $249/night.

I am located 45 minutes north of the ABE (Allentown) airport, but I am willing to drive to the Philadelphia airport if need be...that is about 2 hours from me. I am also near Harrisburg airport (1 hour about).

My first choice is ABE but I dont mind Philly if I have to. ABE has a new airline called Hooters that flys nonstop into Ft Lauderdale..EXCELLENT, BUT there are no flights on Dec 31...Jan 1 I found flights for, but first I need to know where to stay NYE before I can even think of booking the flight.

Are you in my area?

I had heard Jet Blue was going to start service out of Philly but the email I got back from them says not yet, unless of course its in the works and they dont wanna let the cat outa the bag just yet.

We always stay pre cruise and now it looks like we may be staying post as well. Any help or advice you send my way is appreciative :) Anyone from Ft Lauderdale that can tell us where to go to enjoy bringing in the New Year will you :)

Stacy

Stacy, reason I was asking was to see if Southwest was an option for you. They fly from Ft. Lauderdale to Philadelphia, and while they are not open yet for bookings for your dates, it appears to me that there is an evening non-stop flight that might be an option for you. All I could do was look at a Saturday night in late October, and the schedule might change for the end of daylight savings time, but it is likely that there will still be a flight that would work for you. It could be August before the schedule opens up.

Archived