Torn Meniscus + Possible Wheelchair = Boarding Question

Havinsnest

We leave on the Star on Sunday. It's our first NCL cruise, as well as our first cruise out of NOLA; we are quite excited. On top of being excited I am also a bit apprehensive.

I have torn my meniscus. It should have been an easy fix but, unfortunately, in addition to the meniscus, I managed other damage to the knee so a partial replacement is in my future.

I spoke to NCL today about boarding since I have good knee days and bad knee days. He suggested, and reserved, a wheelchair for me. He said if I don't need it no problem but if I do it's there for the asking. I am grateful to know it's there if I need it.

If it comes to a wheelchair on Sunday...

Has anyone used a wheelchair at check in? Would I go through the line/process with everyone else? Is there some other line I should look for? I don't want to cause port people, NCL or other passengers trouble and, quite frankly, I didn't think to ask what the procedure was until I had already gotten off the phone.

Thank you for your help.

Use it and don't feel bad about it. Can be a long walk up the ramp to the ship with lots of folks joseling around so why risk further damage. Not sure about your cruise line but when I have sailed with Princess they had an expidited line for the disabled and they were boarded with the priority folks so as to avoid being run over by the masses. Enjoy the trip!

Archived