Grand Cayman Outrage Stingray City Eco-Tour

afergvip

Has anyone ever done this tour? I haven't seen any reviews for it. We are going to be on the Disney Fantasy in May. There will be 7 of us with two 5 year olds. This excursion looks great! Please if you have been on it give me a review and whether or not you think it's good for 2 small children. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Its a great tour, we did it a year ago, booked with Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions. The captain is great and was excellent with our kids. How old are yours? Stingray city and starfish beach are great for small kids!

We will have 3 kids with us, one that is 16 and 2 girls that are 5. I have been to Stingray City and LOVED it but i'm afraid the 2 5 year olds will be afraid in the water with them but I would like for them to get a chance to at least watch them. Starfish Beach looks great! Just hoping I can talk my friends into this tour. It looks like the best way to spend the day. We are only in port from 10:45 to 4:45. Do you think that is enough time to enjoy this trip??

• 3 months later...
We did this end of January on the legend. Me, dh, dd's 4 &6, aunt and cousins 18 & 20. Went to stingrays then rum point and star fish beach. Unforgettable amazing experiences had by all! Let me know if you have specific q's

If we have done stingrays and Rum Point already, will we find this excursion boring???

If we have done stingrays and Rum Point already, will we find this excursion boring???

I don't think so. It is so much different having your own personal guide with no one else. Starfish beach was unbelievably tranquil. You can customize the trip however you like. Captain John us very flexible. This was our favorite excursion!

I don't think so. It is so much different having your own personal guide with no one else. Starfish beach was unbelievably tranquil. You can customize the trip however you like. Captain John us very flexible. This was our favorite excursion!

Thanks so much!! I was just wondering since no one ever seems to post a review about the excursion. This is good to see becuase we will have two 5 year old kids and a 16 year old child.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for your helpful response!!! :)

We are looking at this trip for November. I have 4 kids 1-10, 1-14, 2-16 - thought they would love the fishing and tubing while allowing mom and dad to do some relaxing on the beach. I understand this to be customizable, correct? Thanks for your information! :)

Hi, I am new to this and am also looking for a stingray trip for my family (mom, dad, husband and 2 kids), we are looking for a reasonably priced private tour, not with big crowd. I also came across this same excursion.. here is a review i found on trip advisor. The lady also posted a picture of the boat and it looks like the same boat. It sounds like a really good tour. She booked it through Discount Excursions.. Hope this helps :) I think I am going to book it for my cruise in June.

Here is the link to the review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147365-d2205340-r156025337-Discount_Excursions_Ltd-Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html#REVIEWS

We took this excursion last summer. It was a nice day. Little bit of drive time from town to the boat and we stopped to pick up some snacks to take out. But nice to see the island.

Yes, they will customize for what you might want. Talk this over on the drive out from town, he can give you the pros/cons of all the options. I think those with small kids would love this tour and the direct attention. There is limited shade however, so plan accordingly.

Will you see anything specically 'new' or different if you have already been to SC or RP...nah, but it will seem more relaxed and personable.

Thanks for all the great info. This looks like a good excursion for our family of 6. Especially since we could customize it to spend a little more time at Rum Point Beach. I read that it is locals favorite beach.;)

HI DNA1990, thanks for the info, much appreciated :) its always a scary thing to book outside of the cruise ships lol! I ended up booking the tour with Discount Excursions, the girl Gemma was super friendly and helpful. you just leave a 20% deposit and then pay the rest when you get there. They are also right inside the cruise terminal at Grand Cayman so that saves me and my family from walking for miles and getting lost lol (my mom does not like walking:o). Really looking forward to seeing John the captain, Gemma says he has a big beard! I think the kids will love him :) . Here is the booking I did, https://discountexcursions.com/grandcayman/boat-trips-stingray-city-grand-cayman/ its the "outrage" one. Hope this helps?I 'm super excited, arriving on Disney Fantasy on June 24th. Thanks so much guys. Love this forum :)

• 1 year later...