astoria stopover

Baxterburdis

Has anyone stayed at the waldorf astoria in new york for a pre cruise stopover. I have booked this through cunard as it was an option in thier brochure. I would love to hear anyones experiances perticularly if booked via cunard, as i am begining to hear mixed reviews.

Thanks

Lisa

hi., we are booked into the warldorf 3 nights before the world cruise in jan 2006. We managed to get a 1 bedroom suite for $349 per night off the hilton website which i booked this week in fact....this seems to be a very good deal as it includes taxes etc. I know from experience that the public rooms there are stunning and certainly the pictures of the rooms that they have on the site look as you would expect in a hotel of that quality however I use the following site to travel with..

http://www.tripadvisor.com/

punch in the name of the hotel and do a search...there are a number of reviews of the hotel and my experience of this site in the past is that mainly people with a grudge seem to be the ones who do reviews. I bet you cant put in the name of any hotel that you can think of and not find some sort of bad review.... i like to make up my own mind.

Id be interested to know what rate cunard are offerring and for what level of room....

Seeing your message brought back memories!!!

We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria when our daughter was 9 months old. She is now 21!!

It was very grand back then. The room was massive (in comparison to hotel rooms here in the UK). We went out for a meal one night at the Rockerfeller Centre and had a babysitter to look after our daughter. Gosh wouldn't dream of doing that nowadays if she was 9 months old, leaving her with stranger!!

We then came back to the UK on the QE2 but there was a dockers strike and we had to go to France and fly back to the UK (the whole idea was so that I didn't have to fly)!!!!!!

Oh memories!!!!!

Elaine

My husband and I stayed the Waldorf Astoria in December of 2003, after crossing the Atlantic on the QE2. I booked it myself, through their webpage. We had a lovely room with a King bed, for $159.00 a night. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

regardless of the price Im sure you will have a great stay. There will always be someone who paid less for their room.....but did they enjoy it anymore.? Have a great time and i would for one love a review of the hotel when you get back! roscoe

Archived