Hotel for precruise night in LA

SpiritRiver

LAX is only 15 miles from the port.

San Pedro has seen better days and the only hotls in town are not great or even good. San Pedro, or "Pedro" as it is known is a tough little town with even tougher residents, fishermen, dock workers,and high crime.

I suggest the Marriott at lAX because I use it all the time because they pick you up quick at the airport and then you can get a taxi to the port.

You might consider the Marriott at Marina Del Rey its 5 miles from LAX and there is tons to do and resauraunts galore... action city.

You could take a cab to long beach but then you spending twice the cab fare to get from Long Beach to San Pedro.

LAX is only 15 miles from the port.

San Pedro has seen better days and the only hotls in town are not great or even good. San Pedro, or "Pedro" as it is known is a tough little town with even tougher residents, fishermen, dock workers,and high crime.

I suggest the Marriott at lAX because I use it all the time because they pick you up quick at the airport and then you can get a taxi to the port.

You might consider the Marriott at Marina Del Rey its 5 miles from LAX and there is tons to do and resauraunts galore... action city.

You could take a cab to long beach but then you spending twice the cab fare to get from Long Beach to San Pedro.[/quote

On the mark about Pedro. Back in 1953. I was stationed at Fort Mac Arthur as an MP and it was no tinsle town then. Got out and went to SHAPE in France; much better duty and IKE had been rotated and the position was open..:)

I'd consider staying on Long Beach - it's got a lot to do and around the corner from the pier. Look at the Hyatt next to the Convention Center, around the corner is the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific, lots of restaurants. I am local and I just stayed at the Westin to go to an event and it was acceptable for an overnight too.

Otherwise if you have time and won't have a car, I'd avoid Marina del Rey. You need a car there. I would consider Santa Monica - you can walk all over and have a great time. The Sheraton Delfina is decent, but, the Sheraton Miramar is lovely and walking distance from the pier, 3rd street promenade and the Beach. a Zillion places to eat and shop.

Archived