Rental Car close to pier in PORT CANAVERAL.

css

I'm wondering if there is a Car Rental Company at Port Canaveral or nearby and if they shuttle you there or we'd need a taxi . We hope to rent a car at the Orlando airport and drop it off before the cruise and then get another rental for the return trip. If you have done this, was it fairly easy?

Thank you.

We used Alamo. There was a shuttle at the airport that took us right to the car rental terminal and when we returnd the car, they shuttled us right to the RCCL termimal. Also, when disembarking, they shuttled us back to the rental place. Very convenient. I think most of the car rental places do this....

Note that the major online sites like Expedia often are unable to book one-way car rentals... we had to go directly to the Hertz web site to book each one way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral, then from Cape Canaveral to MCO.

Also, if you need last minute supplies go past the car rental places a few miles and there is a grocery store on the right, Ron Jon's on the left, and various drug stores.

Remember that the shuttles are very busy bring passengers from the ship and to the ship and families all have huge amounts of luggage... you may have to wait for a second shuttle if they can't fit everyone so give yourself enough time for drop off paperwork and waiting for the shuttle. The ride itself is only 5 minutes and get your camera out for that "first view of the ship" or "last view of the ship" picture.

Thank you for all the information. This will make my job a lot easier. Port Canaveral is an area that I am unfamiliar with and renting vs. a shuttle seems to be the way to go. We hope to spend a day before or after the cruise at the Cape and having a vehicle will be nice. Again, thank you.

While it is on my mind (we don't rent very often), are all the extras that they push necessary? We have good car insurance and will pay with a credit card. It always seems like at the counter, they make you feel guilty if you pass up the extras. Any tips?

Remember that the shuttles are very busy bring passengers from the ship and to the ship and families all have huge amounts of luggage... you may have to wait for a second shuttle if they can't fit everyone so give yourself enough time for drop off paperwork and waiting for the shuttle. The ride itself is only 5 minutes and get your camera out for that "first view of the ship" or "last view of the ship" picture.
CSS, avoid this and drop off your luggage and fellow cruisers first, then take the rental back. So much easier.

While it is on my mind (we don't rent very often), are all the extras that they push necessary? We have good car insurance and will pay with a credit card. It always seems like at the counter, they make you feel guilty if you pass up the extras. Any tips?
Don't bother with the extra insurance, it's not worth the cost. And don't take the prepaid gas. Tell them you will fill it up before you return it. Their prices are always higher then any gas station.

The biggest tip I can give you is this: gather all the luggage you will be taking on the cruise and stack it as if it were in the trunk/cargo area you would be using to get an idea of how much space you'll need. It will help in determining what size rental you'll want to get. :)

Archived