How far do you drive?

TaylorMace

We have driven several times from Las Vegas to San Diego for cruises, but it is only about a 6hr drive, but we always drove down a day prior to embarking.

This past June we drove up to Seattle for a cruise. That was a two-day trip each way. Driving allows us to not worry about luggage weights. We have friends near Seattle who kept our car, but we were prepared to use the port Parking if necessary.

Our longest drive to a cruise was last year when we drove all the way to Boston for a cruise. We do not like to "push" our driving days, so that trip took about 6 days, and we were also able to visit with some friends along the way and to enjoy the scenery of our large nation. Again, we had friends near Boston who kept our car. On the return leg, we took time to visit with friends and family who live on the East Coast.

Flying is no longer attractive to us, so we will likely drive to the ports for future cruises which depart from and return to the same port, regardless of how far the port is from us. Yes, we are very fortunate to have good friends near most US cruise ports who will keep our car, a very nice plus.

Nvever, never, never...... :D

We will drive one hour to get wherever we are going. If we cannot get there in one hour by car, we fly. If we cannot fly, we do not go.

Early in our marriage, we had to travel from Army Base to Army Base and it involved long drives that we hated. We made a pact to never do that again. We have been married 43 years and we have kept that pledge. :D

Agreed, and my congratulations on a long marriage! :)

For me, no more than a hour or so driving. Otherwise I take the airlines or my Cessna 210.

Having a pilot license and a plane comes in handy! :D

Archived