Dining package question

wbrumel

Tried to buy 4 specialty dinner package online for my upcoming Reflection cruise in Feb. X website says only available on ship. Am concerned that there will be no good dining times left by then, esp for a table of 5. Any experience with this? I can buy and reserve the dinners individually but lose the discount (which totals over $100) if I do.

Tried to buy 4 specialty dinner package online for my upcoming Reflection cruise in Feb. X website says only available on ship. Am concerned that there will be no good dining times left by then, esp for a table of 5. Any experience with this? I can buy and reserve the dinners individually but lose the discount (which totals over $100) if I do.

Often, the packages are only available on the ship. That said, they do appear to hold a number of dining appointments for inboard reservations.

I recommend that you try calling customer service to enquire if you can pre-purchase and reserve. If you cannot, plan to arrive at POM nice and early, and stop by the reservations table right away to make your reservations. You may need to be flexible with eating times.

I recommend that you try calling customer service to enquire if you can pre-purchase and reserve.

fyi: I called and they said I cannot prepurchase or reserve if I want the package.

I'm wondering if I buy the dinners separately, paying the higher separate pricing, can I go to the front desk on the first day of the cruise and ask for a credit for the difference against the package price? I'm just concerned that I'll be eating at 4pm or 10pm.

Answered my own question, as I found this on another thread:

You can book individual reservations now and when you are on board ask for the package. They will credit your on board account for the original price on the day of the original reservation and charge your account for the reduced package price, all the while keeping your reservation date and time intact. We did this on our recent cruise on Reflection. They were very agreeable to doing this for us.

Archived