princess luggage delivery program to you state room

ckr31

I can't remember the name of the program where Princess picks up your Luggage from your front door and delivers them to your state room,on the cruise date.I need to know if anyone has done this, the cost of the program,pro's and con's,and how did you like it? thanks

I can't remember the name of the program where Princess picks up your Luggage from your front door and delivers them to your state room,on the cruise date.I need to know if anyone has done this, the cost of the program,pro's and con's,and how did you like it? thanks
Luggage Valet. Cost is a minimum of $90/bag or higher, depending on the destination. The $90 is for domestic delivery, up to $250/piece internationally. It's shipped via DHL. http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/before_you_leave/luggage.html

For $90 or $250, I'll schlep my own luggage or just plain pack more efficiently. If you're staying at a hotel pre-cruise, you might consider shipping a box via FedEx to your hotel and perhaps including a duffle bag to pack it in when you get there. Or, you can buy a cheap bag at Walmart or Target. Personally, I don't think it's worth it unless you are planning a two season cruise with a long pre-cruise trip.

after reading those prices I think I will just pay the $25 via the airline for 4 bags thats a minimum of $360 NO WAY thanks all

Please note that airlines will charge $25 for the first bag/person and a higher rate for a second bag. Or if Southwest fits into your travel, no charge for the first two bags/person if not overweight.

I knew the cost would be more than the airlines. because anytime you have convenience it's gonna cost note going to a convenient store for a soda oppose to going to your local walmart the convenient store will cost more,however I didnt know it would cost that much.after all the reply's think i will struggle with my luggage

We had a bag shipped from our home to Copenhagen before our Emerald TA in September. Yes, it was pricy, but we splurged for the convenience. DH has some health issues and dragging 3 suitcases is a bit much for him. We can each handle one case and one carry-on, but that third one is a big hassle. We use air miles for our tickets to CPH so we decided to have the third case sent ahead.

The case was picked up at our home by a very nice DHL man who scanned the case in and told me it was already on its way. When we got to the ship and were waiting to board I noticed a pallet next to the ship. Sure enough, I was able to spot our case on the pallet. We were the 3rd set of passengers on the ship, and our case arrived in our stateroom within 15 minutes and way ahead of our checked luggage. We were very pleased with the service.

Archived