7 mile beach for seniors

weston gal

We haven't rented at Seagrape or Tiki so cannot answer that, and I've not seen floating mats at RP when we've ben there.

I would suggest a day at Rum Point for a nice quieter beach experience, lounges, and a great beach bar and restrooms.

The downfall - you will need to rent a small car and make the 45 min drive there. But if you're willing to do that it's worth it. Many ppl who have been to SMB in the past do that.

I don't think you'll find cushioned chairs unless you pay a day rate at a hotel. None of the beach vendors have chairs like that.

Have you thought about bringing a cheap, blow-up float....you could partially inflate it, put your towel over it, and that could be your cushion!

We will be in Grand Cayman in 2 weeks. I have tried Royal Palms, which we liked very much, but the lounge chairs are hard plastic and not very comfortable. I'm thinking of Seagrape or Tiki beach. Do either have loung chairs to rent with cushions?

Thanks for the replies. We only plan to stay on the beach for a couple hours, so it would not pay to rent a car. I might try the blow up float though.

I hope someone replies to your question. I would like to know an answer also. Does Royal Palms rent floating mats? I guess we could always put that on the hard plastic chair.

I did see floating mats for rent at Royal Palms when we were there the end of November. I don't believe the company is owned by RP, but they rent the mats as well as jet skis and kayaks. They used to have it showing on their website, but it looks like the website has changed since I was last there (just a few weeks ago). It is missing a lot of info. that was previously there.

I can't remember the price, but I want to say the were $10 a float. Don't quote me on that though! I was looking through my pictures to see if I took a picture of the sign, but I don't see it either. :(

Do you know how to contact Royal Palms? Do you pay for those loungers separately?

The only padded ones I saw were in the pool area, but you are free to use those (they may charge 10.00).

I think the company that rents the floats is separate from the resort, but they sell them on the resort property.

You can email them at: info@royalpalmscayman.com

Archived