Adventure Ocean - 6 years old

jagwebb

Hi - can anyone tell me what your experience was like for Adventure Ocean in the 6 - 8 year old group? I realize each child is different but just trying to get some perspectives We were on Freedom when my daughter was 3 and she liked (but not loved) AO and would go happily for several hours each night but never begged to stay. On Disney Dream last year however - she LOVED the club and would have stayed in there ALL day had we let her. She is very outgoing and playful and just loved all the chaos and craziness of the Disney clubs. She likes being around a lot of kids. We will be on Oasis in May and are trying to figure out show and dinner schedules and trying to sort of guess how much she will want to be in the club. This is mainly for nights - she stays with us during the day typically. Thanks!

My dd has been on 2 cruises - once when she was 4 and another when she was 6. She loved AO both times and went every night after dinner. She also went some times during the day but not all the time since we wanted to do family things together. We are going on Oasis for the first time this May and I'm hoping she will still enjoy going each night (she will be 9) so DH and I can see shows or eat at specialtiy restaurant. I would recommend main seating (or my time). I know the kids activities seem to start right after first seating. Later seating would miss most of the activities.

I agree with main seating. And my youngest didn't love the 3-5 year old AO either on FOS (too much sitting) - but by the time she graduated to the 6 - 8, she LOVED it. It was everything she loved. All of the physical stuff she loved - with crafts.

She hated story time in the 3-5, that seems to have gone away when she got older. Then came gaga ball and pillow fights. I couldn't drag her from AO. Even when she got hurt in AO (a boy accidentally headbutted her on one ship) She got X-rays and wanted to run right back - um no - give it a rest for one night please kid lol.

AO still remains her favorite kids club. Even with the bumps and bruises lol.

• 3 weeks later...

We are from Brazil and have a 3yo daughter who will be with us in Allure next May. I'm in doubt if she will feel confortable in the Aquanaut club considering she does not speak english...

Have you noticed some foreign child (specially those from not english spoken countries) in these clubs? Is there any way to they (the crew of the clubs) communicate us if she wants to leave or is missing us? How does it work?

Thank you for your opinion.

We are from Brazil and have a 3yo daughter who will be with us in Allure next May. I'm in doubt if she will feel confortable in the Aquanaut club considering she does not speak english...

Have you noticed some foreign child (specially those from not english spoken countries) in these clubs? Is there any way to they (the crew of the clubs) communicate us if she wants to leave or is missing us? How does it work?

Thank you for your opinion.

Many of the counselors are bi-lingual but I don't know how likely you would be to have someone on the staff that could speak Portugese. The more active activities require very little verbal communication particularly at that age. You may want to try it for shorter periods of time, and teach your 3YO a few key phrases.

Hi Gang

Anyone ever do My Family time Dining?

Was there any issues getting your kids picked up?

Did the staff bring out their food pretty quickly?

How long did you leave them at Adventure Ocean after dinner?

Staff in AO great with the kids?

How is the kids pool section on the ship?

We will be going on the Explorer.

Archived