Drink Prices

dizzy1949

Can someone tell me drink prices(soda, beer, wine, mixed drink, etc.) on the Poesia? Don't drink enough to get package. Thanks

Soda = "fountain soft drinks" @ €2.50

Beer, draught 40cl @ €4.90

wine, by the glass 15cl @ €4.50

mixed drinks & cocktails @ €6.25

All prices in Euros plus 15%.

What about the prices when sailing in the U.S.? Are they in USD? Cheaper?

We just got off the Poesia. Here are some prices that I remember (service charge included).

House wine carafe (about 3 glasses) $11.50

Draft beer (Heinekin not sure the size) a little over $6

Pina colada - a little over $8 (virgin pina colada was around half)

I think sodas were $2 but we never bought any.

Can someone tell me drink prices(soda, beer, wine, mixed drink, etc.) on the Poesia? Don't drink enough to get package. Thanks

Best deal on beer is to pre-order and pre-pay 14 beer package for $52.00. That works out to $3.71 each...... for a bottle or can.

We just got off the Poesia. Here are some prices that I remember (service charge included).

Thank you for these prices. I'm delighted with the house carafe price we might just be able to have wine with our meal sometimes!

Do you know how much the mocktail of the day was? Did they have a daily happy hour?

The house carafe is half a litre = 2/3 of a bottle or 4 standard (12.5 cl) wine glasses. MSC wine glasses are 15 cl - if you buy by the glass. Sorry to be metric, but MSC is Italian!

Even better! :) We are used to it being half a litre for half a carafe so good to see it is the same on MSC.

Thank you for these prices. I'm delighted with the house carafe price we might just be able to have wine with our meal sometimes!

Do you know how much the mocktail of the day was? Did they have a daily happy hour?

The drinks of the day were generally $1 less. I think they had a variety of different specials going on at different times but I didnt pay very much attention to he details.

Best deal on beer is to pre-order and pre-pay 14 beer package for $52.00. That works out to $3.71 each...... for a bottle or can.

Do you have to pre order before boarding or can you order once on board? Thanks.

Do you have to pre order before boarding or can you order once on board? Thanks.

You must pre-order if you want the bottle or can option. On board they sell a draft beer package only. Can't remember the pricing. I'm sure of this as we bought two packages (28 beers- hey that's only 2 each per day) and tried to buy another on board. It was not possible. They did have a 4 can package that was cheaper than individual pricing and they did let you take them unopened so you can enjoy on your balcony. This is why we don't want draft. Too easy to spill on the walk back to the cabin:D.

The beer package sounds like a good deal.

It is, and hopefully like the last two times they will let us drink the 16 oz cans of Bud. At $3.71 each that is a really good deal.

If not, we will still be happy with the price. Ordered a 7 bottle of wine package too.

• 3 weeks later...
You must pre-order if you want the bottle or can option. On board they sell a draft beer package only. Can't remember the pricing. I'm sure of this as we bought two packages (28 beers- hey that's only 2 each per day) and tried to buy another on board. It was not possible. They did have a 4 can package that was cheaper than individual pricing and they did let you take them unopened so you can enjoy on your balcony. This is why we don't want draft. Too easy to spill on the walk back to the cabin:D.

Hi, was the 4 can package the 16 oz Budweisers. Do you recall the price?

Thanks a lot!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this...Do you happen to know if the liquor package was being offered?

Barbara

Hi, was the 4 can package the 16 oz Budweisers. Do you recall the price?

Thanks a lot!!

Can anyone tell me if there are any circumstances when bottled water is offered complimentary to passengers on Davina Mediterranean cruises? Thanks, Debbie

If you booked through a North American TA or directly with MSC USA, you get a book of vouchers for one bottle of water per cabin per day. Other than that, no they have to be bought you have an all inclusive drinks package.

Thanks Amo Mondo for the water info. You are certainly a very experienced traveler with a wealth of information. I see you have been favoring MSC for your cruise line on your past several trips. It is encouraging to see a satisfied customer who repeatedly chooses a line. On these ships, does the tap water taste as nice as the bottled water. If the water is not nice, I might have to switch to something stronger! Debbie

Thanks Amo Mondo for the water info. You are certainly a very experienced traveler with a wealth of information. I see you have been favoring MSC for your cruise line on your past several trips. It is encouraging to see a satisfied customer who repeatedly chooses a line. On these ships, does the tap water taste as nice as the bottled water. If the water is not nice, I might have to switch to something stronger! Debbie

Nearly all tap water on modern cruise ships is made by a process called "reverse osmosis" and as such will have all minerals and chemicals taken out. A certain amount of sterilizising chemicals are added with the result you often get a very , very slight taste, but it cetainly tastes better than the tap water we get here in South Wales.

MSC tend to only have bottled water at meals as this is what our continental cousins prefer, (have you ever tasted french tap water?), and so they are pandering to the European tastes when in the Med. The Europeans expect to buy bottled water in any restaurant they go to, often it is sparkling (full of carbon dioxide) as well.

It's no big deal with the water, though some people worry too much about it, as a US guest you'll get 1 bottle/day gratis, but if I were you I 'd drink the house wine, which comes in 500ml carafes for 7 euros +15% service charge (8.05 euros total) and is very drinkable.

Pete

Archived