Questions re QE2 Mediterranean Mosaic

Kazy

This may seem like a really stupid question, but here goes! We have booked an M4 grade cabin on QE2 departing Southampton 10th June. As this date is fast approaching and packing is drawing ever closer, please could anyone give us a rough approximation as to how much (or little!) wardrobe/drawer space is likely to be available.

Also, we should be interested to know if anyone has previous experience of the shore excursions available, or will we be easily able to 'go it alone' and make our own arrangements. My husband & I are travelling with his sister & brother-in-law (all in our 40's) and as this will be our first cruise, we really do want to make the most of it!

Another query that has just come to mind is the number of formal nights on this 15-night cruise - does anyone know how many we should expect?

As I said, these may be trivial questions, but it is our first cruise!!:cool:

Hi,

Going by my cruise last year and previous ones lv found the general rule of thumb is First and last are always informal, and the rest of the cruise can be guided by the fact that at sea its formal and a port day is informal or casual, there will of course be exceptions to this rule but that is what l go by.

Escursions of course you can go it alone, but as there are four of you it may be cheaper to hire a cab for a couple of hours and go where you please, it will be much cheaper than one of the tours!!! You should have recieved a voyage info booklet with a list of all the tours onthe cruise and prices

As for the luggage and wardrobe space, its safe to say its quite generous, but of course all depends on how much you pack! as a passenger who always packs on the heavy side lv always found the space plentiful. You also have the laundrette on 3 deck for washing,drying,ironing other items, It should open at 6am but does tend to open before that!! and it gets busier as the cruise draws to a end.!!!

Hope this helps you, Its your first cruise and you have picked agreat ship to go on!!! l travelled on her for my first cruise in 86 and been hooked ever since, and just about to book my 10th cruise on her for next year.

anyway, have a great trip

Myles

if you do want to email direct it cunardqueen@aol.com

Dear Kazy

You will get 2 wardrobes. Give the gentleman the one wlth the safe in then your long dresses will not be crushed at the bottom. You will also get drawer space, usually 2 small ones and 3 longer ones.

Watch out for the bottom drawer it might look like a 'kick board' being slightly recessed

but beleive me it is a drawer.

Cunard Queen has just about covered everthing else.

Hope you enjoy it we shall be going too!!!!!

Thanks so much for your help - I feel much happier knowing that hopefully there should be space to stow all our luggage! Counting the days now until the 10th!

If you decide to take taxi's for your tours be sure to negotiate the price before you set off. We have been fortunate when we have done this and except for one occasion when we ended up surrounded by 5 or 6 other drivers trying to make us pay more. We didn't. we knew they were 'just trying it on'. All the same it was a little cloud on what was a lovely day. We just wish we had not added a generous tip!!!!:rolleyes:

Archived