Has anyone been to Crane Beach off a cruise?

Henry325

I have been there twice and going there again on myc ruise in a few weeks.

The last time I eas there was around 10 years ago and IMHO it is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. The waves are larger than any Carribbean beach I have been to and the water was crystal clear.

Can't wait until I go again.

I hired a driver recommended on these boards for the day for my family of 4 and we are planning on making this our "key" stop in Barbados. The beach will take about 45 minutes to get there from the pier.

I will give you a review of my Barbados experience when I return.

Don

• 3 weeks later...
I have been there twice and going there again on myc ruise in a few weeks.

The last time I eas there was around 10 years ago and IMHO it is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. The waves are larger than any Carribbean beach I have been to and the water was crystal clear.

Can't wait until I go again.

I hired a driver recommended on these boards for the day for my family of 4 and we are planning on making this our "key" stop in Barbados. The beach will take about 45 minutes to get there from the pier.

I will give you a review of my Barbados experience when I return.

Don

Anxious to hear about your experience to Crane Beach! Husband & I are going on a cruise this June 30th, stopping in Barbados for a day. We've never been to Crane Beach, I'd read where it was quite a distance away. I'm torn between Carlisle Beach and Crane.

Anxious to hear about your experience to Crane Beach! Husband & I are going on a cruise this June 30th, stopping in Barbados for a day. We've never been to Crane Beach, I'd read where it was quite a distance away. I'm torn between Carlisle Beach and Crane.

Since it is quite a distance from the port, I wanted to make sure I had transportation for the day and hired a taxi driver. He gave our group of 4 a short tour of Barbados on the way to Crane Beach which I found very interesting and we made arrangements for pick up at Crane after spending 3-4 hours there.

I used a Henderson (Hendy) who is a proud Barbados family man that has so much pride and interest in his country. He showed us different beaches and even showed us Ricky Martin's home in this beautiful country. He does not have an e-mail address (he is trying to get one for me to place on the forum should anyone inquire).

His phone # is (246)236-7683 or (246) 837-5119

We even stopped at a beach bar (he recommended) on the way back and toasted the day with him which was wonderful...he was so appreciative. The best rum punch of the entire cruise!! :D

The cost for the day for his services was $140 (and the rum punch!).

The Crane Beach Hotel is beautiful and reasonable. You pay $25/person Barbados dollars which is approximately 2 Bardados to 1 American Dollar. You can use the money coupons they give you for lunch or drinks at the pool restaurant and bar. For example, a hamburger with fries will cost $32 Barbados dollars which is about $16 American dollars.

The Beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever been on with crystal clear waves and the view from the cliff on which the hotel is situated is breath taking!!

There is an elevator from the hotel to the beach as well as stairs. Years ago when I visited this hotel, the stairway path to the beach was a bit scary. The one building hotel then is now 5 buildings.

You will have a wonderful day if you go there. It was our favorite port of the cruise!

Don

Archived