Last minute planner with kids - St. Thomas

HPEmom

I am not normally such a last minute planner but here I am. We leave Sunday on RCL Freedom of the Seas, Family of 5 with kids 3, 6, and 13. For St. Thomas, I am thinking Coral World and possibly Magic Ice. Is that doable between 11am and 7pm? Since I obviously haven't booked via the ship's excursions, would it be simple enough to just get off the ship and hire a taxi to take us to each place or should I tried to hire a driver for the day or does someone recomend a local tour company? Any precautions against doing this?

Quick suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Your Coral World and Magic Ice itinerary is definitely doable. First look at the CW site as they may offer a package that includes transportation from your ship and back to White Ice.

coralworldvi dot com

If not just have the dock taxi coordinator direct you to the appropriate taxi to CW and you can either arrange for that driver to return to get you at a specific time (if he's agreeable) or there should be taxis there and also coming and going that you can take back.

You are docking at Havensight (WICO) and White Ice is on the other side of downtown so you'll want to taxi from CW to White Ice, and then taxi back to the ship when you're finished there.

And a group tour operator may be able to accommodate you too, there are a few to choose from including Air Force One and Sonny Liston, and the taxi companies on the vinowdotcom site.

Archived