Freeport - Junkanoo Beach?

JeanieTheMom

• 5 months later...

My husband and I did the Carnival Junkanoo Beach and shopping excursion. We hated it! The beach area is very small and people are crammed like sardines on the beach. There were never any umbrella's available to rent - all sold out by ten a.m. There were not any seats left in the cafe area, so when I asked if they could come up with any more to accommodate their guest, I was told by a worker I could rent a chair for 5.00 and bring it into the cafe area. We left early and even skipped the shopping part. I felt like I wasted money on that excursion. I paid for my adult children to attend the Carnival Junkanoo cooking experience and they loved it. They said the chef was entertaining. They thought the two hours of beach time was too long and they were not impressed with the beach either.

You don't have to take the ship excursion. Just take a cab. $14 per person. I thought it was wonderful. The beach wasn't crowded when I went. I really enjoyed the Junkanoo band that played and the drink prices were reasonable. They also have food if you get hungry. :)

We loved Junkanoo in Freeport! Now, to be fair it was February so not crowded at all. We didn't do the ship excursion. We just took a cab, opted to rent a table and chairs with umbrella for $20 and after awhile walked down the beach to Tony's. Tony Macaronis Conch Experience was really the highlight of our cruise! Can't recommend it enough!

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Macaronis-Conch-Experience/39038513190?id=39038513190&_rdr

Archived