Cruising the week of Thanksgiving???

mebecindi

We are looking at taking a cruise on the Carnival Triumph November 2013 during the week of Thanksgiving. Have you ever cruised the week of Thanksgiving? Is it any different than any other time. Just wanted some information please. We found a really great deal....

We are looking at taking a cruise on the Carnival Triumph November 2013 during the week of Thanksgiving. Have you ever cruised the week of Thanksgiving? Is it any different than any other time. Just wanted some information please. We found a really great deal....

We have done it twice. Other than turkey & mashed potatos offered at dinner on Thanksgiving, I didn't notice anything different. Oh - and apparently there was a turkey in costume for kids to take pics with, but we didn't see it.

We cruised Thanksgiving week this year. Turkey and pumpkin pie on the menu and there WAS a turkey walking around for the kids to take pictures with. They even had Santa at one of the portrait spots for Christmas photos one night. As we were debarking on Sunday, they were just starting to add Christmas decorations. It was fun, but for some reason I didn't get into the Christmas spirit until very late this year. Ive chalked it up to my not having "Thanksgiving" the way I'm used to...it was a blast though!

I sailed on Thanksgiving in 2010 on the Imagination and again this year on the Liberty. I love sailing at Thanksgiving. Instead of being stuck in the kitchen cooking for everyone I was being served. It is a nice feeling.

Thanksgiving week seems to be mostly full of families and everyone seems to be happy. I would definately do it again.

On another note, the turkey in the MDR isn't that great. You get a real carved turkey at the Buffet.

This was our go to week, 3/5 of our cruises were the week of Thanksgiving.

The only difference is there will be a traditional dinner offering as well (think turkey and trimmings) in both mdr and buffet.

Also Christmas stuff is up, at least I remember the small ginger bread house (I say small, because Disney had a life size on up last week).

Oh, and there are a TON more kids/teens/tweens.

I can't say if the turkey was good or not, I don't know anyone who ordered it!

We sailed another line for Thanksgiving last year and it was awesome. tons of kids (which made ours very happy) and it was lovely to go diving Thanksgiving morning and sit down to a lovely turkey and lobster dinner that night! Go for it!!

Archived