Where to buy wine near Tampa port?

michele5166

Flying in the day of your cruise! :eek: The smart cruiser ALWAYS arrives at least one day early to avoid having flight delays/cancellations or weather issues cause you to miss the ship! :( I hope you invested in trip insurance.

There is a sort of gourmet wine shop within a fe blocks of the port. Publix grocery stores in FLA have a reasonable wine selection -- just ask your cabbie to stop along the way. By stopping you are on the meter - not the normal $25 flat rate fare - so shop fast because time is money. :rolleyes:

In Miami some have had luck offering the cab driver a $10 tip to stop and stay on the flat rate fare - why would the driver do this? :confused: Because he keeps all of his tips but splits the higher fare with the cab company. Talk to your driver about your needs and options before you leave the airport!

Good luck! :)

Hi,

I guess my post was vague. I am flying in the day before my cruise. We will not be getting a rental car, so I was hoping to find something in the vicinity of the airport or hotel we are staying at which is right near the port.

Thanks for your help:)

Hi,

I guess my post was vague. I am flying in the day before my cruise. We will not be getting a rental car, so I was hoping to find something in the vicinity of the airport or hotel we are staying at which is right near the port.

Thanks for your help:)

There is a nice little wine shop in the Channelside entertainment complex, which is located immediately adjacent to the terminal usedby Carnival. They have a pretty good selection, ranging from cheaper stuff to pretty high caliber/high price. Very friendly staff/owners. Iirc, website is www.tampawinedesign.com. If you're at either the Embassy Suites or Marriott Waterside, it's your closest option. There's also a Publix fairly close to those hotels.

If you're in one of the Ybor hotels, you could hop on the trolley & take it to the Channelside stop, which is about 1/2 block from the wine shop.

• 4 years later...
There is a nice little wine shop in the Channelside entertainment complex, which is located immediately adjacent to the terminal usedby Carnival. They have a pretty good selection, ranging from cheaper stuff to pretty high caliber/high price. Very friendly staff/owners. Iirc, website is www.tampawinedesign.com. If you're at either the Embassy Suites or Marriott Waterside, it's your closest option. There's also a Publix fairly close to those hotels.

If you're in one of the Ybor hotels, you could hop on the trolley & take it to the Channelside stop, which is about 1/2 block from the wine shop.

Just sayin': Wine Design closed in 2013.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2013/07/24/wine-design-latest-victim-of.html